Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What muffler do you like best??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I need to get my exhaust setup shopping list completed. I have the cam I want already picked out for sure. That is the Texas Speed Torquer V2

http://texas-speed.com/p-1149-texas-...-camshaft.aspx

I think I am going with the armor coated pacesetters, but what is the best/cost efficient way to get the rest (mufflers and piping/tips)? Should I look for someone around to custom make it and I just pick out the mufflers, or are there good places online that you could recommend. Looking for TD's X

Im looking to save money but not get garbage.

Who likes the sound of a cammed magnaflow x?? I think that may be one of my favs.

http://ls1sounds.com/true_duals/TDs-...603-112cam.wmv

Does anyone have any recommendations?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

TSP makes nice TDs X systems you can pick them with different type of mufflers
http://texas-speed.com/c-137-true-du...t-systems.aspx

I have make my own system with dynomax bullets sounds mean, and a bit loud for my taste now (I think and getting old lol)

I have the Torquer V3
Stainless LT's
heres a vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfhfT0NoUA
Old 02-14-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoulda said cam muffler or something in the title, im sure a cam is gonna change things quite a bit. On stock setups, the best i've come across so far is my current moroso.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tsp duals with sweet thunders, there loud but i havent heard a better exhaust , they sound freaking great, honest it might be worth it to go with tsp stainless 1 7/8th longtubes, PS are great but they dont look nice for long , but they are a very good budget header, i have PS on my car right now and they have worked out great but once i do the new motor i will go with the tsp ss headers,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD1V7ZDO7y8 this vid made st easy to go with , not my car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpdETpwT_O8 membes ride but another good ST vid
Old 02-14-2012, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

i cant check the vids out yet im at work but why are you going 1 7/8 vs the 1 3/4? I am planning on just doing cams and exhaust to the car nothing major yet. maybe in the long run a supercharger but if im not shooting for super huge hp increase wouldn't the 3/4th be better?

i think street thunders sound awesome, but cops are dicks here in rochester ny... im looking for something a little quieter then that, but not quiet though haha.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by djrowe007
i think street thunders sound awesome, but cops are dicks here in rochester ny... im looking for something a little quieter then that, but not quiet though haha.
true duals are loud by nature... if u want something quieter them go Y pipe and good catback
Old 02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got LMII's and they are quieter than my Flomaster 1 chambers but they're still loud enough to get a ticket. I've had cops pass me at redlights but the first time one pays attention to me or gets behind me in traffic I think I'm screwed. They do sound great though. I've got 300 bucks in my duals. 100 in piping and 200 in mufflers. Remember dumped will drone and vibrate more to. IMO the LMII set up with cats would be farely tame but thats just a guess.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

I have had a the SLP dual/dual Loud Mouth 1 setup and i loved the sound untill I swapped the cam. The Y pipe killed the chop so I went X pipe and dumped before the axle. I had Dynomax bullets and they were GREAT WOT, but droned, omg. I tried piping it on out the back, keeping it dualed but that killed sound too. Went back to dumped at axle, and put on Cherry Bomb Extreme single chambers. Looks a lot like Flowmasters, nice and compact. Had to swap the inlet pipe for my application but it screams at WOT and grumbles nice at idle and cruising. No more drone. My $.02
Old 02-14-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Magnaflow!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What ever you pick remember that once you cam it, it's go to be louder!
A Magnaflow setup will sound good cammed, and not be too loud.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

I'm looking into doing a Torquer V2 Cam as well (with heads)

Would LT Headers, Catted Y Pipe, and Catback + Torquer Cam/ New Heads (already have LS6 intake) make 400 rwhp on a conservative tune? That's my goal. Obviously I could add a lid and such for the last few hp.

If you want particulars for exhaust, I'm thinking TSP Stainless LT's, TSP Catted Y, and Magnaflow Quads. Not sure if they all fit together yet, though. Magnaflows are definitely my favorite, especially cammed.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

GMMG Chambered with an SLP loudmouth Resonator + longtubes + cam = SERIOUS WIN!!

Trust me, you will not regret it! If you can find a used GMMG set up you can save some coin, but the SLP resonator completely eliminated the loud RASP from the longtubes. I constantly get compliments on the sound of mine. I don't have a cam, but I can only imagine it would only improve. Plus you can shine the $hit out off the GMMG and it looks like a mirror!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

dynomax ultra-flo's or magnaflow, whichever you can find cheaper in stainless steel
Old 02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Redbirds
I'm looking into doing a Torquer V2 Cam as well (with heads)

Would LT Headers, Catted Y Pipe, and Catback + Torquer Cam/ New Heads (already have LS6 intake) make 400 rwhp on a conservative tune? That's my goal. Obviously I could add a lid and such for the last few hp.

If you want particulars for exhaust, I'm thinking TSP Stainless LT's, TSP Catted Y, and Magnaflow Quads. Not sure if they all fit together yet, though. Magnaflows are definitely my favorite, especially cammed.
are you doing that with the 02?? you should be at that or above if its done right.

----------------------------------------------------------------

i want it to be a loud.. but not like really loud like i think the sweet thunders are just way to loud haha i wouldnt have a chance against a cop.

i want to have pipes out the back end kind of how it looks now. so i dont want to cut the exhaust short near the axle although that would save me plenty im sure... how does it effect the dual system if i end it at the rear?
Old 02-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Launching!

i second moroso, my spiral flows sound great and i dont even have a crossover yet.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

On mine I run the the TSP x pipe and go under the rear axle with the sweet thunder mufflers. They are beyond exceptional! They are quite puttin through town, but once you get on that interstate ramp it sounds like you have open headers its awesome! They nice mufflers would recommend for any muscle car.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am running a 3" single exhaust with a borla xr1 and like a lot more than the flowmasters and magnaflow. It's on an s10 with a ls1
Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

If I were to ever get duals I'd get spiral flows. They just sound mean as hell.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Travu25
On mine I run the the TSP x pipe and go under the rear axle with the sweet thunder mufflers. They are beyond exceptional! They are quite puttin through town, but once you get on that interstate ramp it sounds like you have open headers its awesome! They nice mufflers would recommend for any muscle car.
How far under the axle did you put it? have any clearance problems? do you have aftermarket lowering springs or a pro kit or stock springs?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just ordered a Hooker Aero Chamber from TSP. I think it will be loud/quiet enough for my taste and flow really well.

Quick Reply: What muffler do you like best??