Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear mount turbo ebay

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear mount turbo ebay

is this kit any good or use the kit but ditch the turbo for a better one i just wanna do 6 psi http://www.ebay.com/itm/REAR-MOUNT-T...item336e522b4f
Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

I'd be a little nervous to purchase something from somebody who's only sold 32 items.

And if you're just going to ditch the turbo anyways, you might as well fabricate the rest, it looks relatively simple. http://www.junkyardturbos.com/Rear-Mount-Turbo.php

You'd also want to replace other parts in there; if that no-name waste-gate fails, then you've got no way to regulate the pressure being built.

There's a lot more information over in Forced Induction, check out The Real Price of Forced Induction. I was eager to try and get started with boost, and then realized that it would take quite a bit more money than I had to do it safely.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JeremyKrauss
I'd be a little nervous to purchase something from somebody who's only sold 32 items.

And if you're just going to ditch the turbo anyways, you might as well fabricate the rest, it looks relatively simple. http://www.junkyardturbos.com/Rear-Mount-Turbo.php

You'd also want to replace other parts in there; if that no-name waste-gate fails, then you've got no way to regulate the pressure being built.

There's a lot more information over in Forced Induction, check out The Real Price of Forced Induction. I was eager to try and get started with boost, and then realized that it would take quite a bit more money than I had to do it safely.
can you put a turbo from your y pipe
Old 02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty pricey for as little as you get. Build your own
Old 02-14-2012, 05:38 PM
On The Tree

Well, in the rear-mounted turbo, the turbo is being placed where the stock muffler would have been located. If you check out that first link, there's a great picture of one already installed towards the bottom of the page.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Teching In

sorry to bump an old thread, but what else is needed with this kit? its still up on ebay.

Quick Reply: rear mount turbo ebay