Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about HVAC vacuum and PCV w/ Catch can (i read a million post)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about HVAC vacuum and PCV w/ Catch can (i read a million post)

Ok so as stated I have a question (first) about the vacuum lines for HVAC, they are located on the P Side by the PCM, one comes off of the intake manifold, one runs behind the PCM and one follows the wires that travel from the passenger side to the drivers side. (first attached pic) the one in the pic that says "whats this for" is the one inm curious about, I did the wire mod and when doing so i broke the hosing that connects to it. It seemed dry rotted in a state. My question is, can i just block this off and be good. If i do so whats the downfall, it has to be there for a reason.

The second question I have is about a catch can, i read all the post i could take from 2002 till now, the question that I have is i have everything mocked up and a PCV valve inside of the driver side VC, is this good enough or am i way off track... I deleted my PCV a long time ago when i had no idea what I was doing and listened to a buddy who insisted i delete it and install a breather back on the driver valve cover. (Pics 2 & 3) so if some smart person could please look over my setup and tell me if im on or way off track i would appreciate it.

Scott

Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

anyone?
Old 02-15-2012, 04:45 PM
12 Second Club

come on guys with all the ten million threads out there about the PCV im sure there has to be one genius on here willing to answer my questions