Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Manifolds: FAST LSXR vs. Weiand Polished Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old h/c car made 438rwhp 394rwtq with an LS6 intake and p/p tb...I picked up 27 rwhp swapping to the Fast 90/90 back in 2006...unported. Car made 465rwhp and 414 rwtq. I would definitely not say the LS6 is good to 450rwhp...wasnt for me. Even on a stock car, a Fast intake is worth more power, because its just a better design. No, at this present time, he doesnt have an intake restriction, and does not "need" a better intake, however he said he was going to mod in the future, and IMHO its worth it now to get the better intake than spend money on something else, then spend again on a Fast later. None of the aluminum barrel style intakes are worth a ****! Stick with your LS6 or go with a Fast...end of story.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
Well the ls6 is good up until around 450rwh until it becomes a restriction. Even though I can afford a fast intake I could never in a millions years justify paying their crazy prices no matter how much money im making

Agreed.
I totally agree with you that the prices on the fast intakes are just ridiculous, which is why somebody needs to come out with a COMPOSITE intake to compete with the fast intakes. Right now they have a monopoly going and they know it.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

look into the speed inc ls2 intake conversion it will come with everything you need and the ls2 intake is 90mm over ls1 78mm the also offer a porting service when you buy it. but i will have to agree do a good head and cam package first to maximize your gain on the intake better flowing heads will be needed for a better flowing intake and TB.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moeZ28
My old h/c car made 438rwhp 394rwtq with an LS6 intake and p/p tb...I picked up 27 rwhp swapping to the Fast 90/90 back in 2006...unported. Car made 465rwhp and 414 rwtq. I would definitely not say the LS6 is good to 450rwhp...wasnt for me. Even on a stock car, a Fast intake is worth more power, because its just a better design. No, at this present time, he doesnt have an intake restriction, and does not "need" a better intake, however he said he was going to mod in the future, and IMHO its worth it now to get the better intake than spend money on something else, then spend again on a Fast later. None of the aluminum barrel style intakes are worth a ****! Stick with your LS6 or go with a Fast...end of story.
^agreed to an extent

an ls6 is NOT worth up to 450 rwhp and to other poster who said they've seen ppl run 600 hp on a ls6, maybe FI, but not a chance in hell N/A. A ls6 is good for stock heads either 243 or equivelant and mild cam, THATS IT. A ls6 cam only flow up to so much CFM for valve lift. if you get heads that require more flow or a cam that requires MUCH more air then a ls6 cam, then the intake becomes a restriction. look up recipe for 500 hp, educate yourself. for the OP current setup with boltons, the stock ls6 will do fine. but if he has intentions of adding heads/cam, he might as well get a better intake. Now i do recommend FAST, depends on his goals, whether he is spraying, FI, or N/A. if he is going for ***** to the walls and putting the most expensive **** into his car for bragging rights go with FAST. if he is on a budget, then go with a bbk, or even, wait for it now......PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS. the weiand is garbage. the PP 85 is PROVEN to flow better then a fast 78 by up to 7whp. port it and flow the same as a fast 90. a PP96 has been known to out perform the fast 90 out of the box and perform the same a ported fast 90. port the PP96 intake by a pro and you can have a poor mans fast 102 or close to it maybe a few hp shy. there is NO heat soak and about 90% of the time, the FAST gets more recognition then they deserve just because some jack hole some years ago decided to buy a fast because he thought the most expensive is best. FAST has preyed upon that and have a cornered market becuase of places like this board with members that say FAST or nothing when the majority of the time they perform no different then an alumnium and can have an aluminum ported to equal a fast for hundreds cheaper.

it really depends on what you want, peformance out of the box or put some time into a well functioning setup.

IMHO, get an intake before anything else, you will see more gains out what you do to the car. if you want WOW factor and say look how much i gained then your intake last.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

W E. Ur LS6 is fine

Quick Reply: Intake Manifolds: FAST LSXR vs. Weiand Polished Aluminum