Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with longtubes catted LM2 and cutouts come in...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with longtubes catted LM2 and cutouts come in...

What kind of gains did you notice with the cutouts open? SOTP? Dyno?...I know there are a ton of cutout write ups...Any one specificly with my setup with any first hand knowledge would be great... Thanks

SLP longtubes with catted y lm2...i think the cats are magnaflow high flow???? They came with my SLP catted y...
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wondering where you want to install the cut out. The lm2 will be in the way. Anyway the lm2 doesnt really do anything so I dont think you would gain anything. Ditch the cats if anything.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

I was actually planning on goin dual cut-outs right after the collectors before the cats....im hoping to pick up a few hp,be able pass emissions,and maybe put a quieter muffler on it without fear of completly losing feeling in my ***** lol
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

bump...how about anyone with a similar set-up going to dual cutouts?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Captain Double Post

thats a really loud setup anyway ,ad if you have heads n cam it going to really loud, i see no gain from a cutout what so ever, imo if your going to do anything i would ditch the cats.the lm1,lm2 is a very loud setup, i had a lm1 and im so glad thats gone,sounds great on a near stock car but sounds like *** on a modde car, you could do dual cut outs but your talking a very lil performane gain,your not going to notice anything imo,the lm2 is a great flowing catback
Old 03-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the input,yea it is pretty loud as it is.. I'm keeping the cats for emissions reasons,i was hoping to see if itd be worth anything by passing the cats with the cutouts....I'm thinking now though I'd be better off putting the money towards getting out of these 3.73's for 4.10's
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
thats a really loud setup anyway ,ad if you have heads n cam it going to really loud, i see no gain from a cutout what so ever, imo if your going to do anything i would ditch the cats.the lm1,lm2 is a very loud setup, i had a lm1 and im so glad thats gone,sounds great on a near stock car but sounds like *** on a modde car, you could do dual cut outs but your talking a very lil performane gain,your not going to notice anything imo,the lm2 is a great flowing catback
Nothing is louder than lm1 on a heads/cam car I heard that setup before and I thought it made louder rasp/noise than an open cut out in the I