Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

belt chirp solutions? maybe...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 NHRA
So I just put on the gatorback I ordered today, part # 4060790. And I want to ask, this belt seemed a lot tighter than any other belt I have used, is this normal? The tensioned has less travel than I am used to and haven't started it yet...
Did you ever get a fix or resolve for this? If so can you repost or PM me? My chirp sounds like its closer to the passenger side of the motor. I had the valve cover taken off. Did find some bad push rods and rockers and had them replaced. The noise was still there.

I did try the belt trick, which was take all the belts off. run the motor and if the chirp is still there then its not the pulley's. I did check the pulleys and they seemed fine.

I have a 2000 TA with 120k miles
Old 09-15-2014, 08:22 PM
Teching In

I have had this problem for years. For me it is my A/C belt that always chirped. I wash my engine with a spray on degreaser from time to time and make sure that the ribbed parts of the pulleys are clean. My belts are quiet for now.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

I had a chirp and both of my LS1 cars....Didnt feel like tracing it down so I replaced all of the idler pulleys and used gatorback belts. Chirp gone.

Quick Reply: belt chirp solutions? maybe...