Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 to ls6 intake swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was contemplating pulling the cowl off to detail anyways and that got me thinking..
Old 05-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nah the cowl only gives you like 2 inches and wouldn't help you any but pulling the push bolts out will keep most of the gashes to your hands down. its the top portion of the firewall that the cowl connects to that's the issue lol but you cant move that. I pulled mine just now due to the back portion of the pcv system being severed and broke the rest pcv line (Which im converting to rubber hose) and the opsu which was no biggie and while I was at it I cleaned everything. thinking about getting new gaskets or just putting a thin layer of rtv all the way around the original gaskets. also I noticed the fuel inj orange rrubber rings were kinda hard idk if that's ok or not. tomorrow putting the new opsu, pcv valve, modified pcv system and maybe new gaskets tomorrow. also bent a fuel rail mounting bolt gonna get the replacement tomorrow too. :S

Quick Reply: ls1 to ls6 intake swap questions