Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spintech exhaust.....opinions? replacement sugg.?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dual x pipe setup run over the axle to dual aerochambers would be exactly what you want. With the cutout of course.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i think im just gonna have to dig through alot of things and just research the hell out of it until i find a sound i like but you have all deff steered me in the right direction. So i thank you and i have a quick question. Im looking for an slp air lid well a guy messaged me saying he had the kit that was basically the slp flo pac but its not slp he said he thinks the lid is MTI but doesnt know and doesnt have a clue about the rest of the kit either the plenum part of the flo pac is made of plastic not tin like the slp plenum but its got 2 cracks in it. Hes askin 100 bucks but im unsure if one itll even fit my camaro since he took it off a trans am and also hesitant considering i looked on mtiracing.com and they dont even have an air lid or any kind of induction other than a filter listed for ls1 applications so any insight?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to say that maybe the MTI lid is discontinued not sure. But there are several ram air set-ups available. The Chris1313 is plastic as is the Super Sucker Ram Air I believe. The Fast Toys model and SLP Flo Pac are metal. They all do the same thing. The Chris 1313 has to type one for non-ac and one with ac. The lid type doesn't matter either. They can be from either car. A Lid is a Lid is a Lid. I'm partial to the Fast toy's lids (because I have one ). Depending on how handy you are a couple cracks might be fixed with a bit of JB Weld. If you've seen pictures of it you'll know weather it can be fixed or not. If not they are fairly cheap and pop up in the classifieds from time to time.

Quick Reply: spintech exhaust.....opinions? replacement sugg.?