Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions switching from LM1 to...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28clark
And I have a 228r, I didn't argue with the excessive noise ticket at all, what pissed me off was the reckless driving ticket he gave me for not using my turn signal to switch lanes. There was no traffic behind me as I was waiting on cars to pass to get around a semitruck. Oh well, just glad I have the money to take care of them. Gotta pay to play, right?

I will miss the cold start ups when I clock out of work though, I've scared two coworkers pretty bad when it starts up. Some funny stuff!
Your car must be super loud at cold idle, any vids of it? I'm curious.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cold start ups are loud on a cammed car, like i said the lm1 is great on a stock car, but man does it sound like *** on a modded car, if all these lm1 guys switched to duals they would find out they can have a loud exhaust and a great sound, lm1 to me is loud rasp with a baaahhhh rassppppp sound lol
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
cold start ups are loud on a cammed car, like i said the lm1 is great on a stock car, but man does it sound like *** on a modded car, if all these lm1 guys switched to duals they would find out they can have a loud exhaust and a great sound, lm1 to me is loud rasp with a baaahhhh rassppppp sound lol
My Camaro is all stock 'cept Lid and cat-back, and it's still pretty loud to me. I can't imagine how loud it would be with a cam or headers or both!

Once I get headers I will be switching out the LM1 resonator for a nice Borla muffler.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I like true duals with lm1's if that counts
Old 04-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Staging Lane

I would go true duals if I could get it over the axle, without costing a fortune. I'll try to get a vid made before work tonight.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

My dumbass forgot to take off the lens cover! Doesn't matter for the sound I guess. The sound changes right after start up because I had to back it out of the garage as my kids were trying to be put to sleep.

Still trying to find a magnamouth clip for comparison, with no luck!

http://youtu.be/FEJ0zXqhqOU

Also to give you an idea on the volume of noise, you cannot stand outside the car and carry on a normal conversation during warm up. Gotta raise your voice quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV327XvZMwQ

Here is my buddies magnaflow catback installed on my car. I was kind of bummed, the exhaust tone at idle isn't much different. I haven't went out driving yet but my first impressions are it sounds roughly the same, without the obnoxious factor that the LM made. I guess thats "tone" eh? Either way its just to see how I like it, my magnaflow bullet should be here tomorrow and hopefully I have time to get it mounted up this weekend after putting a few miles on this catback to get a comparision. Also first vid was recorded with my sony camcorder, the magnaflow was with my iphone.

Last edited by z28clark; 04-12-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: added 2nd vid
Old 04-22-2012, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Took me two weeks to get the pipe welded up, but I now have my LM1 converted to a Magnamouth setup. I must say I am quite impressed with it and very happy with the tone the car makes now. It isn't obnoxiously stupid loud but also isn't tame, perfect blend for me!

All we did was chop the exhaust off before and after, and welded it up. Not the best looking job in the world, but i'm looking for performance not looking perfect.

I'll get a soundclip sometime today when the kids wake up from their nap. If anyone else is running LTs with an ORY on a loudmouth exhaust, I highly recommend changing out that resonator - it just sounds so much better!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

And another "original" LM1 bites the dust......

Welcome to the club

Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can I get a vid of this.. I got LM1 with the trex cam, talk about out of control. Very interested in vids of this set up. Thanks

Ray
Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camarodude87
Can I get a vid of this.. I got LM1 with the trex cam, talk about out of control. Very interested in vids of this set up. Thanks

Ray
I'll get one made in a few hours after my kids get up and get to school!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks man, appreciate it. can you maybe get a drive by/ fly by etc

Quick Reply: Suggestions switching from LM1 to...