Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump not getting any power

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump not getting any power

i have a 2002 ws6 i just rebuilt and went to turn it over all i got was cranking all the fuses were fine relay good but didnt hear the pump priming so replaced it with at walbro 255 after i relpaced it still not priming so checked everything again and come to find out that i have no power to the pump but i still have power to the relay does anyone know where else i could look cause i am lost right now
Old 04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you have power going into the relay, you need to check to see if you have power coming out of it. They don't go bad that often but you can try swapping it with another one. There are several in the fuse box that are the same.

Also, the fuel pump relay may not get be getting a signal from the PCM to activate it. If that's the case, you may have a VATS problem.

And if you just rebuilt the motor you may have forgot to connect something? There are a few ground straps behind the heads you may want to check.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM
Teching In

grounds 3 of them right i forgot them at first but it is very possible i connected them at the wrong place should they be to the body or the motor
Old 04-29-2012, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The harness grounds bolt to the back of the driver-side head, and are critical...the PCM sends 12VDC to close the relay, and the other side of the relay pull circuit is a permanent ground. Without that ground, the relay won't close and the fuel pump gets no voltage.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Teching In

ok so that would be my issue then and to clarify is it all 3 grounds bolt to the back of the driver head or am i understanding it wrong
Old 05-03-2012, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ghostws6
ok so that would be my issue then and to clarify is it all 3 grounds bolt to the back of the driver head or am i understanding it wrong
That is correct. All 3 grounds bolt to the back of the driver side cylinder head.

Where did you have them bolted to?
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

is the solenoid clicking?

Quick Reply: fuel pump not getting any power