Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe so. I known TSP has stated their headers are made in China, which I have no problems with. I don't know if they ever said where their true duals are made.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My shipping & boxing guys didn't notice the changes
Say what??? If I handled the same part on a daily basis and all of the sudden there was a difference this drastic there is no way in hell I would miss that. Hell, Ray Charles would have caught that. And as many as there are out there like this Im sure a set of the jacked up merges got installed at the shop, and Im also sure that if asked TSP is gonna deny.

And hearing this BS about the experts saying it wont hurt performance is crazy. If TSP is asking the "experts" about it, then what does that make them?

All of this reminds me of a set of their headers I installed rcently that would not connect to the x pipe that the headers go with because the spacing on the headers was an INCH wider than the x pipe. I was told this was NORMAL. WOW is all I can say. I was also told to loosen the bolts on the headers until just a few threads were in the heads and then ... listen to this **** ... I was told to put a ratchet strap around the headers and bend them until the x pipe would slide up on them!!! Again, TSP said it was "normal" to have to do this. Common sense tells me if the x pipe has 5" spacing then the headers should be 5" as well or vise versa.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
so they use a different manufacturer from the manufacturer of their headers?
they are fabricated in a shop next door to TSP

the mufflers might be made out of the US.. but not the merge. Not that it makes a difference.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
so they use a different manufacturer from the manufacturer of their headers?
Originally Posted by Full-Force
Say what??? If I handled the same part on a daily basis and all of the sudden there was a difference this drastic there is no way in hell I would miss that. Hell, Ray Charles would have caught that. And as many as there are out there like this Im sure a set of the jacked up merges got installed at the shop, and Im also sure that if asked TSP is gonna deny.

And hearing this BS about the experts saying it wont hurt performance is crazy. If TSP is asking the "experts" about it, then what does that make them?

All of this reminds me of a set of their headers I installed rcently that would not connect to the x pipe that the headers go with because the spacing on the headers was an INCH wider than the x pipe. I was told this was NORMAL. WOW is all I can say. I was also told to loosen the bolts on the headers until just a few threads were in the heads and then ... listen to this **** ... I was told to put a ratchet strap around the headers and bend them until the x pipe would slide up on them!!! Again, TSP said it was "normal" to have to do this. Common sense tells me if the x pipe has 5" spacing then the headers should be 5" as well or vise versa.
IDK what to say bro,
aside from this mishap, they make some dyno proven stuff, but the fit and finish needs to be addressed in my opinion. My friends 1 7/8 tsp's have the wires touching the headers.. a razor blade fixes this issue, but that should have been caught and tweaked a lil bit. My Kooks fit perfectly.

If I had any input on the true duals, Id redesign it in such a way where it tucks up a little tighter below the under carriage. Also welding a skid pad underneath the merge would help too. Just a suggestion.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:28 PM
9 Second Club

So they make the merges next door, and they didn't walk over and say, hey, we're changing some stuff. Oh well lol
Old 05-23-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to sound like I'm bashing TSP, but I used to work as Quality Control Inspector for an assembly line and we had to report even the slightest change if any on any given product, so assuming the correct merge is what they posted here and something like "this" past their inspection team, their is clearly something wrong their, their is no way something so drastic can pass through without someone noticing it
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Man that's a shame about their headers. I was looking into getting a set to replace my rusty pacesetters... I might have to rethink this.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Their headers are awsome. i have them. can anyone tell me if this problem was remedied? i plan on buying the tsp duals soon.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know if I want to buy anything TSP now.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TImmy_Jones
I don't know if I want to buy anything TSP now.
Don't be fooled, we are here to help our customers. So if an issue were ever to occur like this we will make it right, and do our best to help a person out. Now the issue that was mentioned above was never brought to my attention so Im unaware of the whole situation, but if there is a problem we strive to make it right one way or another. We didn't get where we are today by luck, treating customers poorly, or putting out bad products. We strive to be the best and will continue to do so. If you have an issue call me and Ill see what I can do!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

That sucks. I pretty much threw my kooks headers and duals at my car and they fell into place, but the fit is factored into the kooks price. Kudos to tsp for fixing their faults, but I can't believe the statement was made about the flow of the messed up merge. That should be retracted and apologized for.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Launching!

ive been looking at buying the true dual set up for a month now and just came across this thread. does anyone know if they fixed the x yet?
Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Launching!

i got my tsp duals back in july and they fit right up with the tsp headers. and the merge is fine
Old 10-12-2012, 09:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by caturnbull1
ive been looking at buying the true dual set up for a month now and just came across this thread. does anyone know if they fixed the x yet?
Yes this issue has been resolved.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aaron@Texas-Speed
Yes this issue has been resolved.
had a friend order a tsp true dual setup and the merge came in as advertised

so i can confirm it has been resolved

Quick Reply: I got my texas speed true duals in today.. Is this going to be a problem?