Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordering some goodies tonight

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordering some goodies tonight

Finally saved up for some goodies I want. I'm buying a few things from texas speed performance. I'm getting 1 7/8 tsp longtubes and a tsp ory. And some gm header gaskets. I might get a 160 tstat but idk yet. I need egr and air block off plates but tsp don't sell them. Then once I get that stuff in the mail I'm getting my car tuned from a guy and his hp tuner. Geting the egr and air and rear o2 deleted and get some more power out of the old ls1. I just got my potz ported tb in and ill be throwing on my slp air lid when I do the headers. I still have my tr55 and msd plugs in a box I just need to wait for the header install. And I'm thinking about doing the sea foam this weekend. All of this should wake up my camaro.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Launching!

What should be next after this that wont cost alot. like a cam or heads. suspention ?
Old 05-20-2012, 11:17 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You don't need AIR block offs with the TSP headers. They have no emissions fittings to begin with.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also, i would suggest seafoaming it prior to changing the plugs. you won't need new exhaust gaskets unless you damage the ones you have upon removal.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Launching!

I actually bought the seafoam but idk if i'm going to put it in. They say if you pour it down thru the brake booster it only gets to half the cylinders and some people say dont pour it down the crank case. and the people who say do it say to change your oil twice after not like once 50 miles down the road. And i just had a fuel system cleaner done to my car at my work.

the stock header gaskets will fit the new headers which are 1 7/8 ?
Old 05-20-2012, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ryangtp89
I actually bought the seafoam but idk if i'm going to put it in. They say if you pour it down thru the brake booster it only gets to half the cylinders and some people say dont pour it down the crank case. and the people who say do it say to change your oil twice after not like once 50 miles down the road. And i just had a fuel system cleaner done to my car at my work.

Yup !
Old 05-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Launching!

nice, that should save me $25. Well if the old ones are junk i'll get some new ones from advance auto or somewhere, as long as their metal i'll be happy.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

get a ls6 intake also.if you are paying for a tune mite as well make it worth your money.a cam swap mite cost you $600 from thunder racing or TSP.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:23 PM
Launching!

they say dont waste money on a ls6 intake and just save up for a fast intake ? Also i was thinking about saving up for prob this fall and get a LE2 cam and heads pkg.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryangtp89
yes, they will work.

as far as seafoam goes...i def wouldn't put anything in the crankcase except oil. i poured it in through the brake booster, let the car sit for about 20 mins, then ran the **** out of it. it def smoked like a chimney for a solid 5 minutes of driving afterward.

regarding the ls6 intake...i wouldn't invest in one. put that $400+ toward a fast setup and you can basically double your gains (for double+ the money albeit). i went down the ls6 intake road once already and will not do it with this car.

there are a lot of good h/c setups out there. decide what you want, set a goal for the car, then read read read. there is a **** ton of info on this website regarding h/c setups. there are a lot of well thought out, very mild setups that make great power.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Soo will it get to all of the cylinders if I pour it just down through the brake booster ? Yeah I will save up for the fast intake. What do you think about the lloyd elliot pkgs I was thinking maybe the le2 or maybe even the le1 cam and heads.