Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Fast 102 problem...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Fast 102 problem...

Alright so while installing my 102, also deleted my egr and air, and added a ls6velley cover. now my prob is my car is ideling at 1500-2000 but mainly stay at 1500. also took the car out for a drive, and the gas pedel is stiff and when i release the pedel and it returns slowly. but when the car is off the gas pedal works fine. anyone experience the same thing?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Tps?????
Old 05-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

idk about the pedal problem but one time installing an intake i had a bad gasket on a runner and had alot of unmetered air going in the engine making it rev high the instant the motor turned over. New intake gaskets and i torqued it down and MY problem was solved.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sounds like a vacuum leak to me. check all around your intake, did you separate the upper shell from the lower? it might not be seated on there correctly. I know i never separated mine, and somehow the upper shell bowed out from the upper after initial startup and i had a crazy leak.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:05 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try a tps relearn.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

TPS, vacuum leak....if that doesnt help its in the tune.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by r4dio78
Alright so while installing my 102, also deleted my egr and air, and added a ls6velley cover. now my prob is my car is ideling at 1500-2000 but mainly stay at 1500. also took the car out for a drive, and the gas pedel is stiff and when i release the pedel and it returns slowly. but when the car is off the gas pedal works fine. anyone experience the same thing?
Have you checked the throttle cable? Try removing it and letting it idle and see what happens! just a thought I highlighted what makes me think throttle cable. I know my cable is a tad loose so at times when I do some WOT runs it wraps around the throttle lever and I get the cruise control effect although the thottle works it just feels different when pressing it and it keeps my idle high but I have a LT1 cable so you might not have that problem.

Last edited by SmokedOutZ28; 05-24-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look for the simple stuff first, my throttle blade was sticking open.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Undertow74
sounds like a vacuum leak to me. check all around your intake, did you separate the upper shell from the lower? it might not be seated on there correctly. I know i never separated mine, and somehow the upper shell bowed out from the upper after initial startup and i had a crazy leak.
yea i did separate the shell and when bolted everything back up it snap shut also i reapplied rtv the the rear corner.

Originally Posted by bww3588
Try a tps relearn.
never tried it but i will see what happends

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Have you checked the throttle cable? Try removing it and letting it idle and see what happens! just a thought I highlighted what makes me think throttle cable. I know my cable is a tad loose so at times when I do some WOT runs it wraps around the throttle lever and I get the cruise control effect although the thottle works it just feels different when pressing it and it keeps my idle high but I have a LT1 cable so you might not have that problem.
yea tried that too and nothing.

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
Look for the simple stuff first, my throttle blade was sticking open.
checked everything that i can think of even replace the idle control vavle and also change the Camshaft Position Sensor. if the tps relearn dont work i might just buy a new 1 and see what happends.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

K so I just went to go buy a new tps and nothing.... Mann... *** this... anything else I should try n do??
Old 05-26-2012, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

you need a tune with that intake also alot of people are haveing problems getting the 102tb to idle
Old 05-26-2012, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Did you pinch anything under the intake when you installed?
Old 05-26-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by r4dio78
K so I just went to go buy a new tps and nothing.... Mann... *** this... anything else I should try n do??

Did you actually reset the TPS? Just putting a new one it won't reset it and your old one is probably fine. Also when I reset mine after my FAST install it took about 50 miles or so of driving to settle in and even out the erratic idle.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dodson55
you need a tune with that intake also alot of people are haveing problems getting the 102tb to idle
Yea that's what I'm thinking damn I was hoping for a plug and play....

Originally Posted by The_Bishop
Did you pinch anything under the intake when you installed?
Nope didn't pinch anything.

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Did you actually reset the TPS? Just putting a new one it won't reset it and your old one is probably fine. Also when I reset mine after my FAST install it took about 50 miles or so of driving to settle in and even out the erratic idle.
Yea I did reset the tps. I will try hitting up the freeway and see if it work, I hope..
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Alrigghtt... so today I took my car out for a long drive about 100miles and damn that had to be the worst dive I have ever drove n ma car, because when I would try to switch gears I couldn't cause right when I put the clutch in ma car would Rev up to 3krpm and when I shift I can hear my gears in the tranny and if I'm at a stop sometimes I can't go into gear cause my stuipd car Rev on its own. And pretty much I dnt have to hit the gas cause it does it for me, fukk I hate my car right now. Well tune here I come.. thxs everyone for the help..
Old 05-28-2012, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Problem is you now have a much larger throttle body than stock, so even at idle openings it's letting more air in than the stock one does. In short, you'll need a tune to correct the 'hang'.

You also need to make sure you have no vacuum leaks. Double check every hose you touched. A 3k hang is pretty high; I'd bet you have some form of leak somewhere.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

a)Is your throttle body set screw adjusted correctly? It might be keeping the blade from closing completely.
b)Sounds like your throttle body spring might be binding up as well. Have you tried opening the throttle by hand?
c)If so, does it still feel stiff?
d)What throttle body are you using?
Old 05-28-2012, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its a vacuum leak, or your throttle body.......

What throttle body?

Check the tounge and groove around the entire upper lid and makes sure you got it seated correctly when you put it back together.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

+1 for vacuum leak, try MAP sensor also, after I installed mine, I forgot to wait a little bit after I put rtv on the MAP and turn the engine over, the rtv cover the grommet and messed up my MAP, oh and when my MAP was broken I had the exact same problem like you. Really embarrasing being in the traffic light and your car rev by itself.....
Old 05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by got milk??
a)Is your throttle body set screw adjusted correctly? It might be keeping the blade from closing completely.
b)Sounds like your throttle body spring might be binding up as well. Have you tried opening the throttle by hand?
c)If so, does it still feel stiff?
d)What throttle body are you using?
yea throttle body screw is adjusted and the trottle body is fine i open and closed it by hand and its nice and firm.

[QUOTE=SweetS10V8;16358436]Its a vacuum leak, or your throttle body.......

What throttle body?

im useing a ebay 102. i dont know were else to look for a vaccum leak not much were too look at.

Originally Posted by raysadude
+1 for vacuum leak, try MAP sensor also, after I installed mine, I forgot to wait a little bit after I put rtv on the MAP and turn the engine over, the rtv cover the grommet and messed up my MAP, oh and when my MAP was broken I had the exact same problem like you. Really embarrasing being in the traffic light and your car rev by itself.....
ill check out the map sensor.... ugghh pulling out the intake again... dnt take long just annoyed of this whole thing.

Quick Reply: Another Fast 102 problem...