Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t 56 cant shift at wot

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ryangtp89
I went for a 8 or soo mile ride, two 3500-4000rpm runs and the rest of the trip normal driving, and the fluid is pitch black.???
FWIW clutch dust will always get past the seals in slave, that is how the fluid gets dirty. Though it should not be pitch black after a few short drives. I would flush it a few more times, or have a buddy pump clutch while you crack the bleeder on the slave. If it has been dirty for a while, your seals can be trashed in the master and slave.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:52 AM
Launching!

I can try it. But too get rid of this issue I'm thinking ticks master adjust. Stock gm slave and a ls7 clutch ?
Old 06-03-2012, 09:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ryangtp89
I can try it. But too get rid of this issue I'm thinking ticks master adjust. Stock gm slave and a ls7 clutch ?
..I would try the master before pulling the trans to change slave and clutch, I have gotten away with just changing out the master in the past. You have the right idea though, might as well change both if the trans is indeed coming out. The OEM GM slave is just fine, so go with that again.

FWIW I ran the LS7 clutch and flywheel combo from Colorado Speed on my old 01 NBM Z/28 (bolt-on car), loved it. I am now running a Monster Stage II in the C5Z06 and Spec Stage III in the 99. If you are planning H/C/I or power adders down the road, you may consider a monster etc...
Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
..I would try the master before pulling the trans to change slave and clutch, I have gotten away with just changing out the master in the past. You have the right idea though, might as well change both if the trans is indeed coming out. The OEM GM slave is just fine, so go with that again.

FWIW I ran the LS7 clutch and flywheel combo from Colorado Speed on my old 01 NBM Z/28 (bolt-on car), loved it. I am now running a Monster Stage II in the C5Z06 and Spec Stage III in the 99. If you are planning H/C/I or power adders down the road, you may consider a monster etc...
Yeah i'll try the tick's master and see if that works.

Now if i do have to take the tranny out would it be worth it to get the ls7 clutch for now instead of the monster stage II since i wont be getting a H/C/I for awhile prob next spring ?

When i get the tick's master, do i have to bleed out the old one first or just swap and im all set ? I'm hoping it wont fill up with black fluid again. If it does will it ruin the new one at all ?

Last edited by ryangtp89; 06-03-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Flush the clutch hydraulics at the slave, there is a bleeder at the slave. You will need a buddy to help. Once it starts to flush clean, close the bleeder and remove the old MC. You will want to bench bleed the new MC before installation, then you should be good to go. I would go ahead and get the monster setup.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Launching!

I checked out tick's site and came across the remote clutch speed bleeder, it's only $50

Would bleeding it stop the black fluid or if it still shows up after bleeding means i need a new clutch ?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Or would it be better to save the $50 and have a buddy help bleed it ?
Old 06-05-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

I ran their remote bleeder on my last car, it makes it much easier to get to! The job is a real bitch and messy if you don't have it, barely any room. You will still need a buddy, or atleast I did as the speed bleeder did not work well and had to be opened/closed.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Launching!

ok gotchya.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

My fluid was black when I checked it a week ago in the master cylinder, tryed the turkey baster idea and it didn't really do much, my trans was still noisy... So I went ahead and cut a hole by gas pedal on floor board to access slave bleed valve( under carpet) and bled slave.... Now my trans is like 90% quieter, clutch grabs a lot harder, ride even feels smoother, shifter and all!!! Plz bleed first before wasting money, a lot of people never take the time to try cause bleed valve is in pain in the *** spot, I thought my clutch was going out before also, hell 4th gear was popping out and reverse would grind and pop out daily
Old 06-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Did that fix the problem ? I'm gonna save up for a ticks master hopefully that will work long enough until I get a new clutch.

Quick Reply: t 56 cant shift at wot