Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to check first?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to check first?

I took the t/a for about a 30 mile drive today. My TCS light came on. When I would stop for bitit could turn it off. It would come back on after I would take off driving again. I checked my air pressure when I got home and I did have one rear tire low. Which it still came on later. Anyways.......I got home and installed my new rotorworks slotted rotors from the WS6store. Which look and work great. I then took the car around the block and it seemed like it was missing with no check engine light on. I stoped at a light and it felt like it was going to stall out so I keep the RPMs up and got home. With it missing along the way. Any ideas what would be causing this? I figured if I had a coil pack, plug, or something bad the check engine light would be on?
Forgot to add the car has 58kmi

Last edited by duweller; 06-03-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To anyone that cares I finally fixed it tonight. After hours of scouring threads. I found a lot of threads that had people with abs inop and tcs lights on but not just the tcs off light on. I found a thread from 2007 where a guy was responding to a thread that wasn't even the same problem as the thread starter had posted but he had the exact same issues as me. So the symptoms were surging while driving with the tcs off light lit up. I had it scanned and there were no codes just like the other guy which is weird. But I went ahead and ended up replacing the TPS sensor. Which from what I understand it goes into a speed density tube? As soon as I started it I new thats what it was. My idle went from 1200 before down to about 800. Drove it about 15mi and it ran great.