Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Bullet Purchase From?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Bullet Purchase From?

I was researching the other day and found that the resonator from SLP individually costs about $75, while the loudmouth kit for a Trans Am costs about $400. I was wondering if I could just purchase the resonator individually and have my exhaust shop fab the rest of the piping necessary? Sorry if this post is strange; first time posting. Thanks!
Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Welcome to LS1tech!

What vehicle do you have?

I've had good luck with the nice folks at WS6store. Good prices, fast shipping. http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/catalog/index.php
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '98 Trans Am convertible. Thanks for the suggestion! Would it be better to buy the kit or individual resonator, in your opinion? I feel that I would save more if I just bought the resonator, but then again, if it's that easy, I figure the kit itself wouldn't be as popular as it is...
Old 06-07-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You're probably better with the kit because the pipes from SLP are mandrel bended, meaning that when the pipes make curves, they maintain the same diameter. When most exhaust shops bend pipes, they use a compression bender, and this reduces the diameter of the pipe in the bend, which can seriously hurt flow. You will probaly find that after a shop prices out what it would take to fab a custom exhaust, it won't be much cheaper than a kit from a vendor.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a SLP LM1 resonator that I would be willing to sell