Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vented catch can

Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default vented catch can

so i have pcv blocked off (capped intake manifold, valley cover, throttle body and valve cover) I'm SD tuned and running a breather on each valve cover. the oil mist is getting all over my engine bay. Would running a vented catch can solve that problem. basically i would run dual vented catch can setup (one for each valve cover) take the breather off the valve cover, run a -10 hose to the catch can, and have it vent through it to catch the oil that is misting out of the breather
would that work?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not run the PCV system? Its going to benefit you to run it. The oil mist thats getting everywhere is being pushed out by pressure in the crank case. The PCV system will help to relieve this pressure. I would still run a catch can but not a vented one. I would leave the system stock, run it to a catch can and then to the intake.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
Why not run the PCV system? Its going to benefit you to run it. The oil mist thats getting everywhere is being pushed out by pressure in the crank case. The PCV system will help to relieve this pressure. I would still run a catch can but not a vented one. I would leave the system stock, run it to a catch can and then to the intake.
because when i ran it with catch can i still got **** in my fast intake

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vented catch can