Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 92 Intake Manifold Install , What Will I Need ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 10:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

No stock rails work fine.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Odd information in here.

The Fast 90 TB is the one that had the sticking issues. No issues with the 92 that I've ever heard.

You don't need a full hardware kit, just the button head bolts. Also youll need the 4 bolts for the TB.
Since you're right there anyways, I would go ahead and do the 04+ LS6 valley.

If the intake is used, I would replace the intake seals AND the rope gasket on the inside. If there was any oil in the intake it will mess with that rope gasket and leak eventually. It gives you an opportunity to clean the inside also. I put both halves in the dishwasher, myself. NO DRYING though. Let it air dry.

As far as the bellows go.... The TB size is measured by the BLADE, not the ID of the opening, or "mouth". The opening actually tapers down to the blade, hence why an SLP or a stock bellows fit fine on a 90/92 TB. Stock MAF and stock bellows here, and no problems.

Do you have good thread for the 04+ LS6 valley mod? I am going to do a fast 92 next.

Also, your advice for the motor mount issue I had was awesome. I got both solid mounts in and my headers in. Not sure if you told me, but I also raised the back of the car as well. I had to remove the Spohn solid mount on the drivers side and lift the engine again to get the Kooks header in.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Default Fast 92

Hello guys I have a 99 ws6 with LT headers and an slp lid. I'm looking to a fast 92 with NW 92 throttle body. I've read many forums on what will be needed and everyone has different opinions. Looking to find someone who has done it. Some say knock sensors, ls6 valley cover, new MAF. And I just want to have everything on hand so the car isn't "sitting". The car has only 6,400miles. I also plan on doing a head and cam this winter. Thanks guys!
Old 04-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mcmacsten
Hello guys I have a 99 ws6 with LT headers and an slp lid. I'm looking to a fast 92 with NW 92 throttle body. I've read many forums on what will be needed and everyone has different opinions. Looking to find someone who has done it. Some say knock sensors, ls6 valley cover, new MAF. And I just want to have everything on hand so the car isn't "sitting". The car has only 6,400miles. I also plan on doing a head and cam this winter. Thanks guys!
Also what hardware will I need ? Bolts etc.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:07 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

If you're THERE, do the LS6 valley. It's light-years ahead of anything LS1.
Get the 04+ style!!

You'll need button head bolts for the valley so you dont crack the FAST. I forget how many... 10 maybe? M8 30mm x 1.25

Quick Reply: FAST 92 Intake Manifold Install , What Will I Need ?