Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS6 Manifold Differences

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
If you want to get technical then, I'll point to the part in bold above. This statement is correct for the most part. It is about differences in manifolds, possible differences between LS6 manifolds. I never wanted opinions on FAST, BBK or any other type of input whatsoever from anyone. Not my fault you're a FAST 102 and had to pipe in leading to the downward spiral this thread has taken.
Nah, I just like to point out ignorance...which I have done here.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you're the ignorant one for always saying the FAST 102 is the end all be all of intake manifolds. I'm not saying it isn't if you're looking at them in general, (actually even then it isn't considering custom sheet metal intakes will outperform them), but I've seen numerous threads where you wantonly throw out that the OP or other poster should get a 102 when they may not need it and that's just stupid. If you can't make full use of it DON'T GET IT. If it may be beneficial but you think it's too much money, DON'T GET IT. I'd be in the latter category.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to get technical then, I'll point to the part in bold above. This statement is correct for the most part. It is about differences in manifolds, possible differences between LS6 manifolds. I never wanted opinions on FAST, BBK or any other type of input whatsoever from anyone. Not my fault you're a FAST 102 and had to pipe in leading to the downward spiral this thread has taken.
^^^ LMAO! ya you asked what the difference was.... I said part#. the thread should have ended there.... YOU wer the one that brought up the BBK. read your post. You said you were thinkn bout gettin it.... All I said was go with FAST or LS6.... YOU compared the BBK to the LS6... which is a little off topic... NOW your talkn about injectors... WAY off subject.... You post 1 thing then same another... What's wrong with you man.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

True, I did say before I found that one LS6 manifold that I was planning on getting a BBK. And looking back at it before all of the arguments started, it was YOU that really were the catalyst to it all by saying not to go BBK, go FAST. You could have just let it go and the thread would have been a success and it would have ended.

Point is, if I don't find a good deal on an LS6, which are all the same, I'm getting a BBK unless I find a FAST setup with manifold and tb for under $850. Any more than that its not worth it imo and the BBK will be best bang for the buck.

\ thread.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1121
Is it that important to be sooooooooo right? MOST of this thread is a waste of time to read.
Its not important to be right, but to convey correct information and dispell incorrect information. Especially on this forum, 1 or 2 people say the wrong thing and people start saying it themselves and everyones starts believing incorrect information.
Or you're the ignorant one for always saying the FAST 102 is the end all be all of intake manifolds.
Actually probably 95% of the time the FAST is correct intake and the LS6 is 2nd because of budget concerns, so the statement isnt without merit.
(actually even then it isn't considering custom sheet metal intakes will outperform them)
Will they? VERY few people on here need or have the ability to take advantage of a sheet metal intake. There is a lot more to look at than peak dyno numbers at 7000+RPM. It all depends on the combination and intended use of the vehicle.
If you can't make full use of it DON'T GET IT.
See my first statement about incorrect information. Here is a perfect example..... A stock engine benifits greatly from a FAST, a modified engine benifits from a FAST as well.

For me it all comes down to combination; You can t be choosing between an LS6/FAST/BBK and a sheet metal intake at the same time. They are WORLDS apart. But when you concider the street manifolds the LS6/BBK/Lingenfelter/etc are all fairly close. The FAST shines over them all, but it costs more. Pick your poison.......

Budget; get LS6
Max power; FAST
RACE only (trailored to track); sheet metal/tunnel ram style
Old 07-05-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that sums things up nicely. The BBK just sits between the budget and max performance, people hate on it because it's metal and thats not right. I do understand that a sheet metal intake is beyond most applications, I was just trying to make a point that all things considered while a FAST is generally the best for overall performance there are exceptions depending on application.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank You SweetS10V8!!!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No no no... All I said was get FAST... not to get BBK... Didnt compare them... Because that would be a Complete waste of time... YOU compared LS6 to BBK... like I said. We are talking about the differences between LS6 intake(well I'm glad you know there is none now) not which intake is better... Let this thread be done..... As offfff......... Now!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll let you take this up with Jimmyblue...hopefully he can set you straight since you have your head so far up your *** you won't listen to reason.

I HAD A BBK ON MY CAR on my previous mild H/C setup. I switched BACK to a LS6 with a ported stock throttle body and picked up power, throttle response, and idle quality. My father just picked up a LS6 intake off Baltimore's Craigslist for $270, so the deals are out there! But go ahead and get that BBK intake. Maybe you can get it in a package deal with some Patriot heads, an EBay reground cam, and a Fuddle converter.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28

I HAD A BBK ON MY CAR on my previous mild H/C setup. I switched BACK to a LS6 with a ported stock throttle body and picked up power, throttle response, and idle quality. My father just picked up a LS6 intake off Baltimore's Craigslist for $270, so the deals are out there! But go ahead and get that BBK intake. Maybe you can get it in a package deal with some Patriot heads, an EBay reground cam, and a Fuddle converter.
Apparently you missed the memo.

Originally Posted by 2win_SS
Let this thread be done..... As offfff......... Now!
Old 07-06-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
An LS6 intake is an LS6 intake. There are no power differences between one that comes off a F body vs Y body.

BBK intakes are NOT better than the LS6. Heatsoak DOES exist and DOES affect intake charge temperature. The BBK throttle body IAC passages are terrible.

If you want to upgrade your intake and keep it under 6500rpm, consider the LS6 or the FAST, and nothing else. If the price of the FAST seems steep pick up a used 92mm and avoid the fuel rail cost associated with the 102mm.
This.

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
Its not important to be right, but to convey correct information and dispell incorrect information. Especially on this forum, 1 or 2 people say the wrong thing and people start saying it themselves and everyones starts believing incorrect information.Actually probably 95% of the time the FAST is correct intake and the LS6 is 2nd because of budget concerns, so the statement isnt without merit. Will they? VERY few people on here need or have the ability to take advantage of a sheet metal intake. There is a lot more to look at than peak dyno numbers at 7000+RPM. It all depends on the combination and intended use of the vehicle.See my first statement about incorrect information. Here is a perfect example..... A stock engine benifits greatly from a FAST, a modified engine benifits from a FAST as well.

For me it all comes down to combination; You can t be choosing between an LS6/FAST/BBK and a sheet metal intake at the same time. They are WORLDS apart. But when you concider the street manifolds the LS6/BBK/Lingenfelter/etc are all fairly close. The FAST shines over them all, but it costs more. Pick your poison.......

Budget; get LS6
Max power; FAST
RACE only (trailored to track); sheet metal/tunnel ram style
This too. Best intake for your car now and in the future is the Fast102. Cant swing it money wise then see what you can afford and go from there. Don't get hung up on differences on LS6 intakes-wont affect your cars performance. And please don't even consider a BBK intake/TB. Never ever seen a car run worth a damn with one and all 6 I knew that had them took them off.
Good luck.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:23 PM
12 Second Club

I think that sums things up nicely. The BBK just sits between the budget and max performance, people hate on it because it's metal and thats not right. I do understand that a sheet metal intake is beyond most applications, I was just trying to make a point that all things considered while a FAST is generally the best for overall performance there are exceptions depending on application.
exactly right...the exception being a car that NEEDS a custom sheetmetal intake. otherwise. again, under 6500 RPM's an LS6 is fine, otherwise, FAST is your only option...unless you want the headaches associated with the BBK intake.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
exactly right...the exception being a car that NEEDS a custom sheetmetal intake. otherwise. again, under 6500 RPM's an LS6 is fine, otherwise, FAST is your only option...unless you want the headaches associated with the BBK intake.

What headaches from a BBK?
Old 07-06-2012, 02:55 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exeodus
What headaches from a BBK?
some leak, some dont fit right, others had problems with the bottom plate fitting right...and in the end it's no better than the LS6...just carries power a little longer.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Lets not mention their terrible TBs....
Old 07-06-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Gotcha, I must have got lucky with mine. When I bought it I knew the power level would be comparable to the LS6, I just wanted the eye candy of the aluminum versus the plain black plastic.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
That would be my guess....My LS6 intake off of an F-body has the Z06 part number.
Before this thread is closed out can we get back to the topic ,differences of LS6 intake. What are you are calling ZO6 , casting # 12573572 . I have also read of the F body LS6 having slight better gains.Can any one verify?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Exeodus
Gotcha, I must have got lucky with mine. When I bought it I knew the power level would be comparable to the LS6, I just wanted the eye candy of the aluminum versus the plain black plastic.
^^^ ya BBK looks ok... But as far as Plain Black Plastic... You can easily sand them smooth and paint to match your car... Or your theme of the car. Thats what I did... Check it out.

Quick Reply: LS6 Manifold Differences