Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must Make Car Faster Than Douchebag Friend's

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lockdown99ss
Stealths are fat as hell. Deceivingly heavy.
That wasn't a typo...
Old 07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 65 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 2win_SS
^^^ the douche has a dodge stealth... Not a mits 3000GT... and I thought the guy who said it was a Neon was way off... You just took the cake lol
No you just took the cake and another pie.

Originally Posted by RabidStreetRacer
Your a tard, the 3000GT and the stealth TT are like a WS6 and a SS camaro. Same everything except for the body. Both are twin turbo, twin intercooled, AWD, V6 with 300hp and a 6-speed.

Manufacturer Mitsubishi Motors
Also called Mitsubishi 3000GT
Dodge Stealth

Production 1990–2001 (Mitsubishi GTO)
MY1991–1996 (Dodge Stealth)
Assembly Nagoya, Aichi, Japan
Predecessor Mitsubishi Starion
Class Sports car
Grand tourer
Body style 2-door coupe
2-door convertible ('95–'96)
Layout Transverse front-engine,
front-/four-wheel drive
Platform Z11A, Z15A, Z16A
Engine 6G72 3.0 L V6
• SOHC 12v
• DOHC 24v
• DOHC 24v twin-turbo
Transmission 4-speed automatic
5-speed manual
6-speed manual ('94–'01)
Wheelbase 2,470 mm (97.2 in)
Length 4,600 mm (181.1 in)
Width 1,840 mm (72.4 in)
Height 1,285 mm (50.6 in)
Curb weight 1,400–1,710 kilograms (3,100–3,800 lb)

Whos the douche now!
Correct. Same car. Made in same plant. One has pop up headlights-the other doesnt when trying to id one.

^^^tard? Lol... No one is mits... One is dodge... Foreign and domestic. There is a difference. You dnt have to get offended... If this was a talon and you said eclipse I wouldn't say anything...
Id stop posting in this thread if I were you.

Those early TTs were rated at 300HP(later 6 speeds 320). With an abusive launch they could run mid high 13s out here easy in good air and trap 100-101MPH when new. I would say since the kid is young and probably has little practice running it just tune up your car(ie plugs,clean MAF),over inflate your front tires and practice on your launch.

When you have spare money to **** away do a stall,weld your axle tubes and get some drag radials on spare rims. Best bang for the buck.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah... I'll keep posting.... They arnt the same car. Similar? Yes. The same? No... Both are POS... thats they also have in common...

There is 2 import POS like that in my town I've raced. Both twin turbo. Both can't keep up with me. 1st POS is mits 3000gt... 2nd POS is a nissan 300 something... Not the 350z. That older one
Old 07-06-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

When now you are back peddling now you say they are similiar. Why are they a "pos"? Because you raced a few on the street that you beat? How old are you?

Too bad you aren't local. I could get three that would punt you off the road in a flash. I have a single turbo import that you would need therapy after racing it. Does that make your car a POS????
Old 07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya it's a POS... ya too bad I'm not local. I'd like to meet you. Why are we askn age now? You need my height and weight to? Lol... Import=Trash(other than my E55) lol... Never said they wernt similar. I said they wernt the same. camaro is a camaro. TransAm is a TransAm. Similar yes. Same no. Single turbo is crap. Civic HB I raced was all out. Still beat him... I would need therapy? LMAO! Hilarious. Your a Internet badass huh? you would need physical therapy kid.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

He asked your age because you sound immature. They are by all intents and purposes the same to anyone technical. Look different, function identically. And there are a lot of imports that would take you to school... 99% of the people that talk about their car and other peoples cars like you do are blowing smoke and do not have anything most of us would consider fast..
Old 07-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry for not posting in a few days, power was out.
I'll answer most the questions I can!

Originally Posted by Conrad
Yeah you'll beat him as is. Those Stealths are like 3800 lbs too. Where from MI are you from? Do you go down to woodward at all on friday nights?
I'm from the Howell area. If I lived closer I would go to woodward a lot. I'm in Livonia every weekend though and it's kind of close. You ever in the Livonia or Howell area?

Originally Posted by z28241
To the OP, do your "Free Mods"!
Free Mods? I like the way that sounds I'll do a search!

Originally Posted by scj
Not to knock on you, but your friend being a "pussfag" is probably a good thing. Street racing is not only going to put yourselves in danger, but others aswell. Especially for two 18 year olds with <2 years of driving experience. Taking it to the track is the smartest thing you can do. On the topic more, I think you got him pretty easily. But do some research.
I was a little heated at the time. It is smart of him not to want to race on public roads and I should have the same mind set.
I was just getting mad cause he always talks about how much faster his car is and **** but when I say "Run me to just to 80mph right now" he'll be like "nahh man"

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
While I agree with everyone else that you should beat him no problem right now, how long is it until you turn 18? Keep in mind that gives him time to make his car faster too lol.
I will be 18 in March.
And yes it will give him time to make his car faster but he won't make it faster, he'll get stuff to make his car look fast like lambo doors or some fiberglass gauges.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I think I will go with a lid and a gopro so I can rub it in his face for the rest of eternity

Dumb Question #1: Is a tune necessary for a lid and catback? Thank you!
Dumb Question #2: How much is a stall? And what is the difference between like a 3200 or 3600? Scale of 1-10 on how hard it is to install.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Only smoke I blow is from cigars. No need to lie for me.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticFormula
Dumb Question #1: Is a tune necessary for a lid and catback? Thank you!
Dumb Question #2: How much is a stall? And what is the difference between like a 3200 or 3600? Scale of 1-10 on how hard it is to install.
#1. No
#2. Depends on the quality of stall you want, they're not all created equal. Some people don't need a billet converter so they opt for a cheaper $400 unit and are fine, but if you want quality you want a billet lockup. They start about $700. I'm not installing it myself, I know people have though and from what I hear it isn't terrible, but not something I want to do. Tune is usually needed with converter so you don't hit the rev limiter and fix shift extension. The differences between a 3200 and 3600 could be huge, it depends on your gear ratio and the STR of the given converter. STR is torque multiplication off the line, i.e. a lower STR, say a 2.0 will give you 2x your torque and it will multiply longer. Lower STRs are better on street tires although really they'll all be hard on tires. Higher STR (2.5+) will multiply shorter amount of time but give you more initial hit.

A higher stall speed like a 3600 with non-performance gearing (i.e. 2.73s) is better to get a slightly higher STR so that the car will be a little tighter and will move until normal off-idle acceleration from a stop.

There is a lot of components that go into choosing a stall, it is recommended that you consider your plans for the car and contact a converter company to see what they suggest. Can't go wrong with Greg @ FTI, Chris @ Circle-D, Dave @ Yank, or PTC (although they're not a sponsor so you can't contact them through the forum). I've also heard good things about Revmax.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bwkmaro
unless he up'ed the boost you have him now no probs i have a friend with a 3000gt vr-4 and it chaps his *** when i pull on him. hes just got bolt-ons.

also how does he have headers on a turbo car?
i was also going to ask about the headers lol
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya it's a POS... ya too bad I'm not local. I'd like to meet you. Why are we askn age now? You need my height and weight to? Lol... Import=Trash(other than my E55) lol... Never said they wernt similar. I said they wernt the same. camaro is a camaro. TransAm is a TransAm. Similar yes. Same no. Single turbo is crap. Civic HB I raced was all out. Still beat him... I would need therapy? LMAO! Hilarious. Your a Internet badass huh? you would need physical therapy kid.

Reread your posts hence my remark. Bad enough your writing,insults and reading ability rival a child How fast is your car and mods? Single turbo is crap? Imports are crap??? You really are a smart one. Never said I was a badass. I said implying my car would WASTE yours....does that mean its better because its faster? According to your logic it does. My car is a Supra btw not a tin can Honda and I have an 11 second MR2 as well.. And FYI there are Hondas that would waste me and you easily. I bet you anything you are a big mouth with a slow *** car that got its *** kicked a few times, you are mad about it and can't afford to do anything about it. The fact you stereotype cars by the ones you raced on the street shows your immaturity even clearer.

Originally Posted by jrob56
He asked your age because you sound immature. They are by all intents and purposes the same to anyone technical. Look different, function identically. And there are a lot of imports that would take you to school... 99% of the people that talk about their car and other peoples cars like you do are blowing smoke and do not have anything most of us would consider fast..
Exactly one hundred percent.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mike, better not even waste your time or breathe on this kid. Everybody can see he is a moron and stubborn to boot

OP, hope my post above answers your questions. I have some resources with more converter information compiled all together if you want it.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol ya I post like I txt. Dnt need to impress you.. Ya the E55 says i can't afford to do anything right? Get out of here. Ya import tuners are crap. Said it once and I'll say it again... Actually only race I lost was to a Vet. Never seen any import tail lights. Yet. I dnt doubt there are fast tin cans out there. He was talkn about me Rompn on a 3000gt... Never said it had a T1000 turbo with million shot of spray... Read my post kid. Op said his friend was nearly stock. If I can smoke this kid in 3000gt with simple bolt ons he should have him stock... Go talk about your imports on another forum. I'm sure more than half of us here dnt wana hear about imports unless it's powered by LS. thread is dead...
Old 07-06-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
Mike, better not even waste your time or breathe on this kid. Everybody can see he is a moron and stubborn to boot

OP, hope my post above answers your questions. I have some resources with more converter information compiled all together if you want it.
^^^ comin from mrBBK himself. Lol... Whata joke.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol ya I post like I txt. Dnt need to impress you.. Ya the E55 says i can't afford to do anything right? Get out of here. Ya import tuners are crap. Said it once and I'll say it again... Actually only race I lost was to a Vet. Never seen any import tail lights. Yet. I dnt doubt there are fast tin cans out there. He was talkn about me Rompn on a 3000gt... Never said it had a T1000 turbo with million shot of spray... Read my post kid. Op said his friend was nearly stock. If I can smoke this kid in 3000gt with simple bolt ons he should have him stock... Go talk about your imports on another forum. I'm sure more than half of us here dnt wana hear about imports unless it's powered by LS. thread is dead...
It's obvious to us that you don't really know what fast is. Either you're just butthurt because you've been beaten too much or you simply haven't ran into a fast car to run you. There are plenty of "tin can imports" that around me that would cream you, no matter what you happen to have. I know several 9-10 second Honda's and other imports.

^^^ comin from mrBBK himself. Lol... Whata joke.
Not my fault you're an attention ***** and like to poke your nose into every thread inciting unnecessary detours off the original topic. You're not winning yourself any friends on the forum, not even referring back to my thread, just in the general sense that you're viewpoints err towards the mentally deficient.

Last edited by LS-ONE_DAY; 07-06-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Who said to impress me? Tuner import? WTH is that???????????? Judging by this thread and others you posted in you already shot yourself in the foot in terms of "impressing". Who cares about your race record on the street and what does that prove? That only shows you raced SLOW cars and your maturity level. You base how good a car is by if you raced it or not? I have 10 second Mustang and lose all the time at the track. Avoiding the question-what mods do you have and how fast are you? I am a kid? LOL. Right. You got a lot to learn. And "smoking" someone on the street is a poor way of judging how fast a car is due to the different variables present(ie cool motor,tire psi,fuel levels,who gets the kick etc). Before you insult cars and post obvious GARBAGE in a thread maybe you should think a tad before you click enter. I didn't see moderator status under your name so Ill post whatever retorts to your nonsense I want. Why don't YOU get out of the thread-I think anyone with a brain is sick of your posts in tech.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ lmao hilarious...
Old 07-06-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

Love to hear about this all powerful import eater you drive? Oh and my taurus has a great street racing record too haha.

OP if you arent tuning do the lid and catback like you said. Headers dont require tuning but is a good idea, and a stall will definitely need tuning. And the install on a stall is not small thing. If you have a lift it isnt bad though.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the Original Poster......by the time you turn 18 that kids Stealth/3000gt(IDENTICAL CARS with different bodies lol) will more then likely be blown up. It will either need new turbos or a new engine lol. There have been a few Stealths/3000gts around my area and they all have had more time off the road then on.