Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must Make Car Faster Than Douchebag Friend's

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastassls1maro
to the Original Poster......by the time you turn 18 that kids Stealth/3000gt(IDENTICAL CARS with different bodies lol) will more then likely be blown up. It will either need new turbos or a new engine lol. There have been a few Stealths/3000gts around my area and they all have had more time off the road then on.
It is funny because its pretty true, I worked at autozone in college last year. One older guy that had a 3000gt was honestly in there every week for something for that car. It was clean though and a nice guy.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrob56
Love to hear about this all powerful import eater you drive? Oh and my taurus has a great street racing record too haha.

OP if you arent tuning do the lid and catback like you said. Headers dont require tuning but is a good idea, and a stall will definitely need tuning. And the install on a stall is not small thing. If you have a lift it isnt bad though.
What a coincidence, my Taurus is undefeated also!

on the second part. Lid will run about $90 new for SLP, catback you can probably find a sale on a set one from a sponsor, magnaflow is one of the best bang for the buck but I believe you already have a catback so that won't matter. With just those 2 mods you should be fine.

Originally Posted by fastassls1maro
to the Original Poster......by the time you turn 18 that kids Stealth/3000gt(IDENTICAL CARS with different bodies lol) will more then likely be blown up. It will either need new turbos or a new engine lol. There have been a few Stealths/3000gts around my area and they all have had more time off the road then on.
Very good point haha. Can never trust a DSM era Mitsu/Dodge/Plymouth/Eagle product to be reliable. I know 1 person that has a stock VR4, a 91 or 93 model. It hasn't given him any issues but he performs regular maintenance on it to keep it that way, and by regular maintenance I mean WAY more than you should have to do to keep a stock car running properly plus he never beats on it.

The one I looked at I asked the guy about the health of the engine and he said it was perfectly fine, just had the turbos replaced 2,000 miles ago because they blew up...again. Apparently that was the second time he had replaced one/both of them. He then said that the previous owner replaced the engine.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2win_SS
Ya it's a POS... ya too bad I'm not local. I'd like to meet you. Why are we askn age now? You need my height and weight to? Lol... Import=Trash(other than my E55) lol... Never said they wernt similar. I said they wernt the same. camaro is a camaro. TransAm is a TransAm. Similar yes. Same no. Single turbo is crap. Civic HB I raced was all out. Still beat him... I would need therapy? LMAO! Hilarious. Your a Internet badass huh? you would need physical therapy kid.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great thread title -- congratulations on garnering a good bit of the board's attention.

Fortunately for your situation, you should already be able to spank him unless either:

1. His car is well modded
2. You have serious traction issues with your current setup

Frankly a stall and a decent tire should be enough to really widen gap.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

wow just wow..sell ur car now...
Old 07-08-2012, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

To the OP. I agree with everyone else lid, and tires should be more than enough. And if your interested I just took the lid off my 98 z28 for a k&n cai. I'll sell it to you cheap
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by boostedskyline
i was also going to ask about the headers lol
I've had a handful of turbo cars myself, and yes, they can use headers too. More times than not, the benefit of headers on a turbo car is more significant than on a naturally aspirated car. Any reduction of back pressure in the exhaust system is a benefit to turbo cars.

To the OP, just for kicks, check your buddies side window, on the rear, bottom corner for a sticker that says something like "Vehicle imported by Mitsubishi for Dodge".
Old 07-09-2012, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ArticFormula
We plan on going to the track next spring when I turn 18 to settle it.
(He won't race on street roads cause he's a pussfag"

Do I need a roll cage or anything like that?
I'll be 18 and so will my friend. We want to do the 1/4.

I will be 18 in March.

Dumb Question #2: How much is a stall? And what is the difference between like a 3200 or 3600? Scale of 1-10 on how hard it is to install.
Ok so you made a thread asking for advice for a race you plan on having 8 months from now?? your best bet is to start reading around more.

to answer your questions, no you wont need a cage if you have bolt ons. a quality converter will run you $700 easy and there is not much difference between a 32 and 3600. most people ho get a 3200 regret not going bigger so go with a 36. i DD a yank ss3600 and its really easy to drive. installing a converter on a scale of 1-10 depends on your skill level. seeing as how you are only 17 and might not have much experience with cars it might be more on the difficult side.

with full bolt ons, converter, and tires youll be fine.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Thread title gets me everytime lol
Old 07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^tard? Lol... No one is mits... One is dodge... Foreign and domestic. There is a difference. You dnt have to get offended... If this was a talon and you said eclipse I wouldn't say anything...
Nah... I'll keep posting.... They arnt the same car. Similar? Yes. The same? No... Both are POS... thats they also have in common...

There is 2 import POS like that in my town I've raced. Both twin turbo. Both can't keep up with me. 1st POS is mits 3000gt... 2nd POS is a nissan 300 something... Not the 350z. That older one
They are all made by Mitsubishi so

Your the biggest post ***** I have ever seen. Everytime you post it is just to repeat something someone else has said.

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I think anyone with a brain is sick of your posts in tech.
Couldn't agree more, I faceplam myself every time I see this clown show up.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 07-09-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
That made me
Old 07-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
I've had a handful of turbo cars myself, and yes, they can use headers too. More times than not, the benefit of headers on a turbo car is more significant than on a naturally aspirated car. Any reduction of back pressure in the exhaust system is a benefit to turbo cars.

To the OP, just for kicks, check your buddies side window, on the rear, bottom corner for a sticker that says something like "Vehicle imported by Mitsubishi for Dodge".
idk, just all the turbo cars i've had (stock turbo eclipse gs-t and 2 srt-4's) had exhaust manifolds (instead of headers) i mean i know u can replace the exhaust manifold for something better just never heard of headers ON a turbo car, could be wrong though, i just never heard of it
Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by boostedskyline
idk, just all the turbo cars i've had (stock turbo eclipse gs-t and 2 srt-4's) had exhaust manifolds (instead of headers) i mean i know u can replace the exhaust manifold for something better just never heard of headers ON a turbo car, could be wrong though, i just never heard of it
headers, turbo manifolds

They are the same thing. I swear people on this site go crazy about some grammar and playing semantics all the time.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ Yep, they can be used interchangeably for the most part. Most people probably just think long tubes for a supercharged or n/a application when they think headers though, and that may make it harder to understand they are used together.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS-ONE_DAY
^ Yep, they can be used interchangeably for the most part. Most people probably just think long tubes for a supercharged or n/a application when they think headers though, and that may make it harder to understand they are used together.
Yes, when someone referes to a turbo manifold and a turbo header they generally mean tubular vs a manifold which are cast.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
They are all made by Mitsubishi so

Your the biggest post ***** I have ever seen. Everytime you post it is just to repeat something someone else has said.

^^^ LMAO!!! I havnt post on this thread for days now... And you bring me back up? You must have no life... Drop it kid
Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28241
To the OP, do your "Free Mods"!
This
Old 07-10-2012, 03:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You think everyone is sick of my post? Their is over 200k members here on Tech... And you speak for all of em? LMAO... Childish
Old 07-10-2012, 03:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I find it funny how you go around calling everyone a kid. What the hell man you make like twenty post a day and each one consist of "cool deal bro" or you just agree/re-post with what someone else post.

Your an idiot post ***** who is probably 17 years old because the first thing you do is jump to call everyone kid.

That was someone else that said everyone on Tech, I am speaking for myself.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Banned

OP you need to do your research on here. There is a ton of info if you search through the thread. Start with reading the stickies is the Gen III internal engine section. Some good stuff in there. I wouldnt even waste my time with that guy and just start modding your car and he will inevitably start talking even more **** the faster you get. Then you can just downright embarass him on all levels.