Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pulled t56 for rebuild.. now bad o2's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012 | 08:30 PM
Teching In

Default pulled t56 for rebuild.. now bad o2's?

hey guys,

last weekend i pulled my t56 to install tick stage 2 kit. so i pulled the duals off, drive shaft, torque arm, then trans. didn't touch anything related to the o2s. had the trans out during the week and put it back in yesterday.

i started her up and took her around the block. she drove great. i pulled her back in for a min and let her idle while i ran into the house. came back out and noticed the ses light was flashing.( knew it was a miss fire code). drove down to auto zone had them scan it. besides the normal rear o2, egr, air codes, i had codes for the front o2s that said insufficient switching, voltage? and miss fire cyl.1

basically I'm wondering if my o2s could have gone bad just sitting there in the open(still in the open long tubes), because i didn't touch anything related to them.

i planned on replacing them soon but not this soon. I'm not seeing how they could suddenly have gone bad. and how long can i drive on them before replacing them?