Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rubbing SLP lid???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the clear MTI lid and it never rubbed...it fits great
Old 04-08-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the SLP Lid and stock bellows and my never rubs. Are all you guys driving camaros because maybe my ws6 hood helps it from not rubbing. Just a thought.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2ndGenWs6Owner
I have the SLP Lid and stock bellows and my never rubs. Are all you guys driving camaros because maybe my ws6 hood helps it from not rubbing. Just a thought.
nope, I've got a WS6 hood and it has rubbed from day one...like someone else said, I think that it is time for a TSP lid
Old 04-08-2004, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Mine rubs too!!! I just installed the SLP flow pack and the cold air kit about 2 weeks ago. I thought I was the only one this happened to. I checked and rechecked to make sure that all my parts were in the correct locations and seated properly. I also noticed that the top of the plug on the new SLP MAF sensor slightly rubs too, due to it being slightly rotated counter clockwise to get the notches lined up in the smooth bellows.
Is everyone else using that rubber seal to block off the front of their airbox? just curious.
Old 04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grimSSley
Mine rubs too!!! I just installed the SLP flow pack and the cold air kit about 2 weeks ago. I thought I was the only one this happened to. I checked and rechecked to make sure that all my parts were in the correct locations and seated properly. I also noticed that the top of the plug on the new SLP MAF sensor slightly rubs too, due to it being slightly rotated counter clockwise to get the notches lined up in the smooth bellows.
Is everyone else using that rubber seal to block off the front of their airbox? just curious.
nope, I'm actually thinking about installing the BGRA also and seeing if forced air from 2 places will make a difference
Old 04-08-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the slp lid and bellow and mine doesn't rub. You just have to make sure that the bellow is on the mass air flow and throttle body absolutely as far as it can go. I played with my bellow for 10 minutes til I knew it wouldn't move any farther and haven't had any problems since then. They are correct about the front lip of the lid must go into the air box assemblely, not over it.