Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some quick help

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some quick help

Ok bare with me here as I try to explain the problems I'm having with my s10 6.0l

The last tune I had was for a ls1 with a torquer v2 cam, ls6 heads, fast 102 intake. Motor spun a bearing so I replaced it with a 6.0l with a set of patriot stage 3 heads with NO cam, and a ls2 intake with ls2 injectors. Do you guys think the injectors are to small??? Had to sell the fast for some money to finish the motor. So had to downgrade. After I swapped intakes my MAP sensor wasn't able to reach the ls2 spot. So that is unplugged until tomorrow.

Anyways I'll tell you the problem, when I get on the gas it breaks up really bad, as in starts misfiring horribly. It only runs smooth when I am at a steady rpm and around 2500 or so. If it goes into overdrive it breaks up also.

I assume it is alittle bit of my tune and my MAP sensor not being plugged in. Thanks for any help guys, John
Old 07-28-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you're running a tune w/ the wrong injector configuration data, and you have no MAP. These both need to be fixed promptly.

With no MAP sensor, the PCM's entire fuel trim strategy is not functioning...manifold pressure is the core of it's calculations and fuel cell selection.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok thanks crainholio I'll fix the map sensor today