Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bbk SSI intake and 80mm TB questions after install

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bbk SSI intake and 80mm TB questions after install

so upon little things here and there during install wasn't too bad, went to go start the car up and i get a very loud whistle, after making sure it wasnt a vacuum leak or leaking air filter, i realized its just how loud this new intake was at idle, goes away under load, does any one else get this or heard of this with this setup? can u fix it?

2. after getting it out of the drive way and wondering why i almost stalled it 2-3 times, i realized the throttle was sitting about halfway down were i wasnt use to it and only working about 70%, got out double checked install, everything was right, read some were that bbk intakes were made for 2001-02 f bodys which have shorter throttle cables, 98-00 (mine being a 2000) have to use a supplied bracket to set the cables back, i have the bracket but it doesnt make sense on how it gets put on to set the cable bracket back further, it just hits the intake and wont bolt up, i see theres alot of "clamp fish weights to it to take the slack out" and other home made mods i read about and i already thought of but id like to do it alittle more proper and or figure out how this bracket goes on correctly

thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

When I had the BBK intake/85 TB on my 99 all I had to do is adjust the slack out with the adjuster. My cable is just like this on the 2001 in photo.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/14698880-post6.html
Old 08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked for that and i dont have an adjuster, after looking around i ended up putting a wire clamp on it to make it shorter at the pedal end of the cable, fixed it but the smaller tb cam makes it really touchy, 1/8 throttle feels like 1/2, idk if thats power or what but guess ill get use to it

Quick Reply: bbk SSI intake and 80mm TB questions after install