Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomax Bullets

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A little in cabin sound clip

Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002SSM6
I just took dynomax of my true dual set up. it sounds horrible over 2500. I run 18" magnaflows now and it sounds great. I can actually talk to my passenger while driving now lol

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
I've never seen anyone say they sound horrible. Now they are very loud especially at WOT but its deep and aggressive. There is alot of drone when dumped inside the cabin as well. The bullets basically have no restriction in them at all.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and thats dynomax bullets or the bullets that came with tsp duals?
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

aren't they the same thing. I assumed TSP duals coming with the dynomax bullet resonators.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
aren't they the same thing. I assumed TSP duals coming with the dynomax bullet resonators.
I asked Texas Speed that and they said the older dual systems came with Dynomax bullets, but their newer ones don't. I ordered mine about a year and a half ago and my bullet mufflers have no marking whatsoever on them.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for that info. I'm really just lookin for a straight answer:p which is deeper in person.. Dynomax bullets or sweet thunders? I'm pretty sure the ones you have are Dynomax bc some others have told me the new ones say bad boy on them
Old 08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

Does tsp still sell the sweet thunder true duals? I was on there sight not to long ago and they only had one kit. I have heard great things on sweet thunders, the only complaint was from other people's neighbors cause it was so loud. I wish I had more hands on experience to help you out but thus is what I know/heard. I run open cut out at the end of my ory and its loud as hell. I also wanna run a true dual setup.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Below is a post I made from a thread I made right after getting my duals from Texas Speed:

08-19-2011, 03:35 PM #16
Rise of the Phoenix
TECH Fanatic
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt at Texas Speed told me they no longer use Dynomax Bullets in their true duals. They use a different bullet muffler. I just received mine last Friday, which is why I was asking the question I did on the original post. Got everything figured out now and I did get the bullet mufflers, but like I said, they aren't Dynomax because that's not the bullets Texas Speed uses anymore. Regardless, I'm sure they will sound and perform badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpooleATL
TSP's true dual with bullets are 18 inch Dynomax bullets, smooth on the outside, straight throught on inside but the inside wall is raised all along with the little pyramid looking louvers. I run bullets and from what I understand they are the best offering on the TSP system as far as flow rate and power goes, but the Sweet thunders are the better sounding ones yet lack flow. Small differences though if you were to dyno the two, maybe 5 hp. Never heard Thunders in person only over the computer, but I can tell you the Bullets definitely sound amazing, very deep.

Originally Posted by Sladester2
Thanks for that info. I'm really just lookin for a straight answer:p which is deeper in person.. Dynomax bullets or sweet thunders? I'm pretty sure the ones you have are Dynomax bc some others have told me the new ones say bad boy on them
Old 08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

I just ordered 8" case cherrybomb glasspacks in 3" ( they also run 3" striaght threw), some of the bullet setups I have heard sound kinda like toned down open header, I had them on oldmobile too and didnt like them. I am with you on wanting a deep but loud sound. I talked to summit and cherry bomb and I was told that these shorter case glasspacks should sound ruff and deep, and that the longer cases have more of that original hillbilly tone. I will have them on this weekend and post a vid, I have high hopes.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

thanks man, ill be looking for that thread
Old 08-22-2012, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

I will post a sound clip up friday night. Tsp 1 3/4 longtubes with their true dual system. Not sure what kinda bullets they are but they are 18" long. Cant wait to finish it all up.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

sweet cuz i bought the same exact headers, just went with summit x pipe kit so i could choose my own muffler. let me know if they are deep or more of a nascar sound once u get em on.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Got the bombs on... let me just say its freaking retarded how loud this car is full throttle!!!!! It sounds almost like open headers, the idle is bad ***... seems much more pure muscle car sounding now! I am super happy with these, the drone is nothing like it was with the 1 chambers, its much better now! At cruise speed its smooth and tame, on the gas its just insane! I dont know what I was thinking with those blowmasters, they do nothing for an LS engine... these motors are wicked with glasspacks/bullets! Let me say this, anyone thinking a glasspack is for hillbillys...try a new 8" cherry bomb and get back to me.

I am going to my freinds house tomorrow to get vids, and I will post them soon.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got thunders, I've heard bullets as well. Their so close to the same. Just pick one and go with it. I chose thunders. Throaty, mean as ****, and the best loud their is. If I were to get something new...I'd definetly run flowmaster super 10s. I personally think those sound ******* awesome. Just pure racecar flow..... Heard them on a few stangs.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldent say its a deep noise but its what I consider the best sounding resonator out there. Here was my inspiration for getting them

http://www.streetfire.net/video/tran...-ory_31669.htm

and here's my car

http://www.streetfire.net/video/ls1-...ust_188711.htm
http://www.streetfire.net/video/ls1-...ive_192118.htm

I ended up putting in dynomax bullets as well. It mellowed out the sound a ton. I don't like the sound as much but my ears bleed much less now
Old 08-24-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet thunders or powersticks all the way. They sound 100 x'2 better than bullets. Bullets just muffle the sound, chambered mufflers tune it.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by justin hover
I've got thunders, I've heard bullets as well. Their so close to the same. Just pick one and go with it. I chose thunders. Throaty, mean as ****, and the best loud their is. If I were to get something new...I'd definetly run flowmaster super 10s. I personally think those sound ******* awesome. Just pure racecar flow..... Heard them on a few stangs.
I dont know if its because I had knock off super 10s or what but mine sucked! The car sounded great with just headers on it, but once I put the cam in... it sounded sooo hollow at full throttle it sounded like crap to me! These cherry bombs sound so much better, the idle is louder and more choppy sounding now, cruise speed has no drone anymore... those stupid 1 chamber were rattling the crap out of my car, I was so sick of it!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theyre not Dynomax bullets, but I just wanted to share. I really love this setup.
Not my car btw....
Old 08-26-2012, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Here she is, camera cant really handle the sound though

Old 08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds good man, and so does the white T/A.

Quick Reply: Dynomax Bullets