Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 vette exhaust on 98 SLP camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 vette exhaust on 98 SLP camaro?

so i have a 98 camaro ss, true slp car with the center mount exhaust. i definitely want a new exhaust, which i know would be a difficult task anyways, seeing as how slp doesnt sell catbacks that fit right up to the center exhaust anymore. i was wondering if a C5 base vette/z06 exhaust would fit my car. i would be using the quad tips which i think would look pretty cool on a camaro.

thanks!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Why not just cut off the SLP mufflers in the existing setup and welding in another brand? Are you trying to keep everything in tact?

Doubt a C5 exchaust would fit without modifications, at which point you might as well go custom anyway.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Teching In

well its a borla catback with longtubes (dont know the brand on the longtubes) and i want a whole new brand
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

well its a borla catback with longtubes (dont know the brand on the longtubes) and i want a whole new brand
Right, but the only thing that is "brand" about that borla catback are the mufflers themselves. Pipes are pipes regardless of what brand catback they may be part of.

Alls I'm saying is that 1) you're going to have a very very hard time to find an exact replacement for your current catback and 2) that you can just swap out the mufflers to another "brand" which will be much easier
Old 08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. Magnaflow does make a CME exhaust with quad tips though, worth looking into
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Won't fit without serious modifications. The c5s trans is at the back of the car. So the front portion won't clear your transfer. Here's a ppick without the cat back. The section closest to the cats iis the frontthe rear flanges end before the rear transaxle. The cat back pipes go over the rear transaxle
Attached Thumbnails C5 vette exhaust on 98 SLP camaro?-photo-133.jpg  
Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by redtan
Right, but the only thing that is "brand" about that borla catback are the mufflers themselves. Pipes are pipes regardless of what brand catback they may be part of.

Alls I'm saying is that 1) you're going to have a very very hard time to find an exact replacement for your current catback and 2) that you can just swap out the mufflers to another "brand" which will be much easier
This is true forget about trying to convert C5 system But you can use a C5 style Xpipe and design your system around it. Look for something similar to this https://www.texas-speed.com/p-704-te...-3-x-pipe.aspx I don't think TSP sells just the Xpipe but get a Long narrow kissed parallel one like this, and go from there.

Quick Reply: C5 vette exhaust on 98 SLP camaro?