Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the Guys With No Cat F-Body Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet thunder true dual dumps with no cats.. Its really loud when i get on it.. but totally bearable while driving
Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MikeWS6
And yes It was at a stop light and I didnt rev it past 4 grand in first gear. Anyway I thought it was funny

The setup really is too loud to have fun with on the street though.
What's funny is every other post you write is how much you love your LM1. Its great you like a horrible sounding raspy tone. That's your preference but mentioning it everyday gets annoying as hell. Nine times out of ten, any fbody owner will agree the LM1 is one of the worst choices on anything other than a stock car.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cranny
What's funny is every other post you write is how much you love your LM1. Its great you like a horrible sounding raspy tone. That's your preference but mentioning it everyday gets annoying as hell. Nine times out of ten, any fbody owner will agree the LM1 is one of the worst choices on anything other than a stock car.
Cool story Cranny. I wouldnt expect the old people to like it anyways.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Let me guess. You're about 20 years old right?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

No cats and love everything about it.

Smells like 'Merica

Sounds like it too
Old 11-01-2012, 08:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Loud is a novelty for a little while, then you grow up and grow tired of it. I'm tired of mine and should be replacing the entire exhaust in the spring with ARH LT's and a Catted Y with a Hooker CB.

Mine:

SLP LT's (I know)
"Customised" SLP ORY
TSP Rumbler CB with dual SLP Pro-Flow bullets.

Is it loud?
Older video before the Powerflow bullets.
Watch for the people covering their ears
Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

i have the setup in sig and honestly i am not a fan. the magnaflow muffler sounds great and is silent cruising 6th gear at 65/70 so noise isnt the issue. my problem is the long tubes themselves bang the under body and suspension and the muffler shop did grind some reliefs for it (stupid hooker). i do get exhaust smell in the car but thats because i opted to go unwelded on the Y pipe as im unsure if i will keep the ORY. A flowmaster muffler flows less and i believe it will be even quieter than my magnaflow.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Veteran

^ If we could find a single in dual out 60 series Flowmaster, it should flow fine. The Crossflow muffler is the one that gives FM a bad name..
Old 11-03-2012, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have tsp stainless headers, and their off road y pipe. i highly suggest it. awesome sound, not too loud and im running an slp lm1 with a magnaflow muffler switched in.

i also think you should ditch the flow master.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Wow, I'm surprised this thread is still alive. I've since changed my mind about which setup I will go with. I am now going to run Texas-Speed 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers, Texas-Speed Offroad Y-Pipe, and my current Flowmaster muffler. If I had a choice, I'd run the Corsa Muffler for my car but I'm a little short on money right now. It'll just be a future upgrade to my exhaust.

There was mention of cam + exhaust in earlier posts and how loud it will be. I'll be running the Texas-Speed 224R 112 LSA Cam. As stated in my original post, loud isn't a problem, its just loud where you can feel you're going def while you're in the car that would be a problem. I've ridden in a Mustang before where the drone was so bad, you could feel yourself losing hearing on the spot with the drone. It was actually painfully loud.

As for the fumes I had mentioned. I had read some stuff on the Cadillac forums on catless CTS-V's where the smell of 'rotten eggs' was so bad that their garage was unbearable to walk in a few hours after cranking the car. If it was that bad, it'd be a problem for me. A few whiffs of bad smell here and ther isn't a problem. Won't bother me a bit.

Does anyone here have a similar setup that I'll be running? 243 heads, 224R cam, TS LT headers, TS ORY. Just curious about possible numbers I'll be putting up. I will be having the car tuned by Lane Culver.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Launching!

I pretty much have that same setup but my 224r is on a 114 lsa with ported 243 heads. Switched my exhaust recently to a Mufflex system. Its still pretty loud but it does stink bad. I park with my car backed into my garage and it stinks it up bad. I need to leave the door open to air it out otherwise the smell creeps into the house.

Quick Reply: For the Guys With No Cat F-Body Exhausts