Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD wires fitment help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default MSD wires fitment help!!

Im just finished building my 5.3 and 2 days ago my store owner decided to buy me a gift for my birthday. He has a "premium" account from amazon.com and gets free shipping and crap but long story short, I had him order a set of MSD (red) plug wires for me. I got them last night and went out this morning to put them on and they are too short I order part # (32819) i have the square truck coils. Im sure of you may understand when i say this but I really dont want to bug the hell out of my store owner over a gift lol is there anyway i can redrill holes in the coil brackets to give me the proper slack in order to get these wires to work?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Truck coils sit higher on the engine than car coils. Truck wires are different in that they are a bit longer.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

I ended up getting tgen to work just fine. I re-drilled holes in the bracket and offset them about by an inch. Fits perfect.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Having said all this, when I first installed the heat-sinked round truck coils on my T/A with the brackets in their proper holes, LS7 wires fit perfectly.

Quick Reply: MSD wires fitment help!!