Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust change - From Magnaflow to Mufflex w/ spintech?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Exhaust change - From Magnaflow to Mufflex w/ spintech?

Like to title says, I'm kicking around the idea of swapping my Magnaflow catback to a mufflex 3.5" system with the spintech muffler. I really can't stand the dual cannon tips and want to go to a single hidden tip setup.

How's this going to work out? I did a bunch of searching and find posts that the spintech mufflers are terrible, rob power, etc. Then I find posts calling those posts a pile of BS.

Anyone actually dyno and/or test this at the track?

The Mufflex system is used, for sale locally - I'm not buying it new. If I can get it cheap enough it might be worthwhile to swap out the muffler.

Mods are in my signature.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 212 Likes on 179 Posts

I've heard that the Spintech mufflers don't flow well, but it's been pure hearsay on this forum. What I do know is that they are loud. Be prepared for that after the relatively tame Magnaflow.

I'm with you on the cannon tips. I'd never run a Magnaflow catback for that reason, no matter how well it flowed or sounded.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well if it's in good condition and the price is right then you can always put a Dynomax Ultra Flow, Magnaflow, Borla xr1, or Flowmaster 10 or 40 series if you want it loud.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After seeing pics I'm not sure I'll be picking it up. It's a little beat up looking, and the asking price is a little high, especially if I'm swapping out the muffler.

Hell, if you ask me the new mufflex systems are priced out of this world for aluminized pipe.

Last edited by The_Bishop; 11-16-2012 at 04:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust change - From Magnaflow to Mufflex w/ spintech?