Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a lightweight battery for a Daily Driver, Specs on OEM battery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012 | 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

oddessy PC680 is 14pounds, DD fine as long as you dont dont leave anything on for more them 15mins without the car running. So just have the car running, to have a bottle heater on ect. Starts my car with a big cam fine in the cold.
Old 12-30-2012 | 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by studderin
oddessy PC680 is 14pounds, DD fine as long as you dont dont leave anything on for more them 15mins without the car running. So just have the car running, to have a bottle heater on ect. Starts my car with a big cam fine in the cold.
I live in miami so cold really isn't an issue ever. I just don't want it to be a hassle to daily. Did you ever daily your car with this battery?
Old 12-31-2012 | 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

ya. look back at pics.

I bought the car in 04-05? and it was sitting your 3 years while he was at collage. the stock battery 3was killed jumped it for a few days. then borrowed a older "dyna batt" form a friends at neweras car getting worked on back then, and it was great so just got one myself. always had one now that I htink about it
Old 01-02-2013 | 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by studderin
I also tried the PC680 after hearing recommendations on here (after starting out with a PC525). It's fine in the cold but this battery almost left me stranded a couple times. It had a really hard time with hot start-ups, like when I stopped for a few minutes for gas. And this is in a car with no accessories, no stereo, a/c, p/s, ect.. I didn't want to deal with dead batteries any more so I ended up going with a Optima D51R (same as Exidous) which is a popular battery in the Miata world. At 25 lbs it's a little heavier than I like but I haven't had any issues with it.

Quick Reply: Looking for a lightweight battery for a Daily Driver, Specs on OEM battery?