Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Energy suspension motor mount question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Energy suspension motor mount question

Ok Ive been researching this for the past couple days and still cant find the answer i need. I have my engine sitting on a stand and just put together a set of the energy suspension poly inserts. My question is about the little tabs that stick out. I noticed on the prothanes they come with tabs sticking out on both sides to line up with the factory pedestal. My energy suspension mounts only have the metal tab sticking out on one side. Not sure if i should have them facing foward or backward. I did follow the directions and they are in the clamshell the right way but now one tab is facing foward and the other mount the tab is facing rearward. Pics are below. Will they be ok to install like this? Looking for anyone that has done energy suspension mounts, not prothane. All of the pictures I find of these mounts show them coming this way. So I am pretty sure its not a manufacturing defect.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if nobody else answers first i can check my car in the morning and see> i remember thinking the same thing when installing them.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. That would be great.

Quick Reply: Energy suspension motor mount question