Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock Sensor upgrade on a 98

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Knock Sensor upgrade on a 98

So i been reading a lot of threads were many have used 99+ knock sensors on a 98. I myself own a 98. I am installing a ls6 intake, ls6 valley cover and a mti billet throttle body, since the intake is off might as well replace the knock sensors. I have read that many have upgraded and have had zero problems and just a few that had to adjust the pcm to the 2000 knock sensors.. My question is if i replace do i really have to get it "tuned" ? can some post the gm part # for the knock sensors ? please...thanks btw.. I already bought the new knock sensor harness
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1,208 Likes on 654 Posts

You should not need to do any special tuning for the new sensors. Since you have the new model year harness all you will need is the GM knock sensor 10456603. We are not able to get this item but have a direct cross to the AC Delco Knock sensor for the LS1. We also have Standard Motor Products knock sensor for 99+ LS1 engines available for immediate shipping.If you find the AC Delco or Standard motor cheaper we price match and ship direct from the manufactures. This way you get Summit's excellent customer service, quick delivery and the best price.

800-230-3030
www.SummitRacing.com

Quick Reply: Knock Sensor upgrade on a 98