Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No More KR !

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you clean the oil out?
Old 04-23-2004, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by T/Ajammer
How do you clean the oil out?

There's a petcock at the bottom of the AMW catch can, I would drain it after the first 500 miles to see how much oil you get. You can use that as a guide on how often you need to drain the catch can.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
There's a petcock at the bottom of the AMW catch can, I would drain it after the first 500 miles to see how much oil you get. You can use that as a guide on how often you need to drain the catch can.
What I meant was how do you clean the oil out that has been sucked up through the pvc valve already?
Old 04-23-2004, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

This amw catch can kit, does it come w/ everything to bolt on our cars other than the brackets?

mark
Old 04-23-2004, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1320_PERFORMANCE
This amw catch can kit, does it come w/ everything to bolt on our cars other than the brackets?

mark
Mark,

It comes with this http://www.accmachtech.com/pcvcatchcans.htm , you can mount there catch can any hwere you like using there black bracket. I used the black AMW bracket that comes with there catch to mount it to the polished bracket I made, you don't need a bracket like mine but I like the looks and that it uses less hose. JMO

Al
Old 04-23-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

T/Ajammer,

Use GM top end cleaner or NAPA sea foam cleaner to help remove the oil already in the intake. Just remember to change your oil afterwards!
Old 04-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Default Oil in manifold

Any one who hasn't done this type of mod in some way don't know what real good it does. Just did head, cam and header install. Course it needs to be tuned now for best results. Car idles fairly good and at pretty much wide open wasn't bad. But if i tryed to accelerate about 50% the car felt like it would hit a wall. Alot of KR and would pull alot of timming.On my heads they were shaved .030 of an inch and also used .015 thinner head gasket, so figure my compression went from about10.3 to about 11.4. Pulled the throttle body off and saw a film of oil all over the inside of the manifold. pulled the manifold off and ever intake port on the heads had a complete film of oil on them. Took a good carb cleaner that woouldn't hurt o2 sensors and sprayed ouy each port. Put manifold back on after cleaning it out. Have catch can ordered from AMW but for now redid my PCV system buy running a piece of hose so would have to go straight up for about 4 inches and go through a fuel filter. Now that there is no oil going into the manifold was amazed but how much better the car would run. Unless realy had under hard load at slow speed for that gear had no KR and when did KR was no more than 1to 2 degrees now instead of any were from 6to 9 degrees sometimes.
Old 04-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NastySSoo
T/Ajammer,

Use GM top end cleaner or NAPA sea foam cleaner to help remove the oil already in the intake. Just remember to change your oil afterwards!
I picked up a can of "Sea Foam Deep Creep" spray. Is this what you use or do you use the can with twist off cap and pour it in the PVC pipe, oil/gas?
Old 04-24-2004, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

You can use either one. I used the spray and sprayed it into the PCV opening going into the intake manifold. Let it sit for a couple of hours and went for a ride to blow it out. Some guys say let it sit over night. I dont know which is best. but definately cleaned a lot of **** out!Changed oil next morning!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Teching In

Default It worked

Used the Sea Foam yesterday and noticed a VERY big improvement!!
Now.....just gotta either get the oil catch can or do the free mod to keep the oil out.