Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP lid on an SS hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP lid on an SS hood

Hey guys, not sure if anybody else had ran into this problem or not. But I have noticed that my cars hood doesn't seem to sit completely flat where the stock location is at after installed the SLP lid on it.

Is anybody else, or has anybody else dealt with this and what did you have to do to correct it? It's hitting right before it funnels air into the bellows before the neck.

Will get a pic as soon as I find one, know there has to be one floating around here somewhere!

Ok, found the pic, this is back when I bought the car, so don't mind the dirt! lol It's the white spot on the lid is where it's rubbing at and not letting the hood close completely.

Second image is a pic of the gap left at the front of the nose because of it not closing all the way. Any help is appreciated guys, thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails SLP lid on an SS hood-imag0164aa.jpg   SLP lid on an SS hood-gap.jpg  

Last edited by BigMac76; 02-16-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: found a pic
Old 02-16-2013, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Common problem with oem ss hoods and slp lid. My ss does it too. I believe theres a new style slp lid tha. Clears
Old 02-16-2013, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Just wish there was a way to shave down something or make an adjustment somewhere because I hate how it looks lol. Makes it look like the guy driving it knows **** about getting body lines to match up.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

i got the same problem on my trufiber hood on my trans am. there is a rub spot on the lid and the hood.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:53 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Heat gun and a little gentle massage...
Old 02-16-2013, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How old is that lid you think, because I believe they changed them in some way or another at some point. I don't have this rubbing problem on the SLP I put on mines 3-4 months ago
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

It was on the car when I bought it last March, so not exactly sure of age. Wish they'd stamped them somewhere to identify what lot/when it was manufactured. Would love a slimmer lid that'd allow my hood to close instead of giving it that mouth breather look with the lid popped up a bit lol.

Quick Reply: SLP lid on an SS hood