Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed density intakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Speed density intakes

For the folks that don't have a MAF what do you run and what kind of set ups do you have. I'm looking to get rid of all the platic up front and have a air intake that goes down and the air filter is behind the bumper etc. Just wondering and thanks in advance.....

Sway
Old 02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock intake has a map sensor in it already. If you plan on going for a boosted application then a 3 bar map sensor gets installed. The things you will need to do is wire in a intake air temp sensor since it is part of the MAF which is now gone. Some other small steps that I am not sure about are needed also, hopefully someone who has done or has more knowledge on this can chime in. Also obviously you will need a new tune.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Teching In

I took my MAF off and just put a tube in place of it. you have to make sure that you have the IAT sensor in the lid or intake tube. Your stock MAP is fine if NA. you will get the most out of it with a speed density tune but is ok without it.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000PewterT/A
The stock intake has a map sensor in it already. If you plan on going for a boosted application then a 3 bar map sensor gets installed. The things you will need to do is wire in a intake air temp sensor since it is part of the MAF which is now gone. Some other small steps that I am not sure about are needed also, hopefully someone who has done or has more knowledge on this can chime in. Also obviously you will need a new tune.
Judging by his profile he has a 99' t/a which means the iat sensor is not part of the maf. It's the small sensor located in the lid.

Why do you want to get rid of the maf? If you want to run a tube type intake behind the bumper just extend the maf harness.

Quick Reply: Speed density intakes