Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Sark Plug Wires - Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously, eBay? Dude, you want something for a decent price that isn't junk? Check out Rockauto.com and look under your car make/model/year/ignition and bam! there ya go!

Just so you know, I have the Delco 41-110's and not that impressed with them. For the price, go with some NGK's, IMO they're a better plug AND cheaper.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by baalic
Me and Paul seem to be the unoffcial spokes people for Granatelli wires, they should really give us a commission
^YEAH, RIGHT??

================================================
I've posted this a few times in various threads and forums and I think it's worth adding to this thread:

================================================
Guys, don't think that if you go with AC-Delco, you'll be getting "the best" or "the original" anymore. Here's the story:

AC-Delco of the past was a good quality GM controlled and operated brand. ACDelco today is post bankruptcy (it was sold off) and now gets parts from all around the world. Wire sets are assembled in Mexico with Asian components.

If you get a box that says AC-Delco, it's the real deal. If the box says ACDelco, it's the newer stuff. The " - " in the name is the tattletale.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't ever buy cheap spark plug wires. The old OEM plug wires you're replacing will likely be better than the cheap ones you're replacing them with. MSD wires are good quality and they don't cost that much. MSD or OEM wires are probably the best wire you can buy at the lower end of the price spectrum.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MSD's are probably cheaper than true OEM replacement wires. The regular ACDelco wire's aren't OEM quality any more, RockAuto sells 2 sets of ACDelco wires, the cheap junk regular one's the ACDelco OE one's that cost $87.79. If I wanted to save $20 and not buy MSD's I'd get what I always buy for my DD's, the United Ignition Wire Premium wire's they're made with Delphi/Packard wire and good silicone boots for $42.79.

Quick Reply: Ebay Sark Plug Wires - Opinions