Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecting DBW to LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Connecting DBW to LQ4

I have an 02 2500 HD that came with an LQ4. It now has LS6 heads and cam and a Blackbear tune. I just acquired an LS2 truck intake from a Trailblazer complete with DBW throttle body, injectors and fuel rail. Obviously, I want to put this on the LQ4 but I would like to go with the DBW instead of an aftermarket DBC unit. I did a search and it seems everybody else wants to go the other direction, but I don't see why the DBW won't be just as effective as DBC. The problem is I need details on how to accomplish it.

1. I get the vacuum lines are run different and I believe I understand, or can figure out, how to run them.

2. I understand that the EGR can be blocked with a plate and the ECM retuned to delete it.

3. Since it is already a truck intake there should not be clearance problems.

4. There are adapters available to go from the Delphi style LQ4 injector connectors to the LS2 EV6 style injector. I am adding a Walbro 400lph in tank pump as the idea here is to move to a 200HP Nitrous Outlet plate kit, but I think I will need a new pressure regulator.

5. I can source a DBW pedal but how would I wire it, assuming this can all be tuned for.

6. How would I connect the cruise as it is currently connected to the same arm the throttle cable connects to.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case anyone else thinks about doing this, it appears to be much more difficult than DBC. My ECM could not be programmed for DBW and I would also need the TAC module as well as the harness between the pedal and the TAC module. This still leaves the cruise problem to be solved. I'm going with the DBC unit from Alper Motorsports.

Quick Reply: Connecting DBW to LQ4