Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

x-pipe duals muffler choice

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
They're considered bullets, but they have a LOT more packing material. The 1 chambers have none at all. They're hollow.

I'm going to dual 14419's and NOT the Borla's due to case size. The XR1's have a 5" case and the MagnaPacks are 4" cases.

Another reason is the Sweet Thunders actually have a 2.5" ID being that the total OD of the ST is 3". I think at my power level there's a few ponies to be had, plus I miss the bass and "tone" of the MagnaPacks.
Yea I'm leaning that way as well due to my power estimates and wanting 3" pipes all the way out. Am I right in that the longer the case is on a bullet the deeper but also quieter the tone will be?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone has any good videos of duals with the magnaflows post them up. I've found a few of the sweet thunders but I can't really find anything of guys running duals with the magnaflow. Most everything I find is of a magna mouth.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Launching!

You found all of those Sweet Thunder videos for a reason pal.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BWZ_2k2Z28
You found all of those Sweet Thunder videos for a reason pal.
Yeah, I know. I ran a 24" sweet thunder dumped off the end of my factory y pipe a long time ago. I don't know though, I'm really liking how the Borla Pro XS sounds but I can only find one lsx f body that has a sound clip of them. It sounds really good though but his car is cammed and a 6.0. I know I'm not the op, but I have decided against the Magnaflow's. It s a toss up between giving the Borla's a try or just sticking with what I know.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfen20
Yea I'm leaning that way as well due to my power estimates and wanting 3" pipes all the way out. Am I right in that the longer the case is on a bullet the deeper but also quieter the tone will be?
Classic chambered powersticks are 3" cores with 3.5" od. Same style as sweet thunders. Loud, but awesome tone
Old 04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
Bullets sound like dog ****. Tames open headers just a tad not much tone difference.

1 chambers are slightly quieter but the quality of the tone is leaps and bounds over any bullet.

Loud does not sound good.. Sounding good sounds good.. If it is loud and sounds good it is a win win.
******* awesome...end thread on this note. Get some one chambers mmk..

Quick Reply: x-pipe duals muffler choice