Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUALITY exhaust fabricator in the Midwest?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default QUALITY exhaust fabricator in the Midwest?

I've been searching for an exhaust fabricator who can build a dual system using my CME tip with absolutely no luck! They either say they will install a manga flow system, say it can't be done or you can just tell it will end up looking like crap... Does anyone know of a shop that can build a quality dual system in stainless with tig welds and mandrel bends that I can be proud of when my car is on a lift? I'm looking at spending over $1000, and dont want to replace it in 3 years cause the fabricator was a bonehead and didnt know what he was doing. I don't want the kooks because I don't have kooks headers.

I live in Louisville and work in St. Louis, but am willing to travel to get this done.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't know how far your willing to go but there is a place in New Lennox, IL called 'Sasser custom exhaust'. I have no personal experience other than he told me he does TD's on these cars all the time...and in SS if you want. I was going to use him when I was going TD's but ended up just going Kooks because it was cheaper...I already had their headers.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lennox is a bit out of the way for me, I was more thinking St. Louis, Louisville, Indy, Bowling Green...

Someone has to know of a place to get pipes bent and welded who actually knows what they are doing! Im tired of paying good money for big *** booger welds, rattling pipes and horrible ground clearance!