Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sputtering while driving after heads and ca?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Why were you doing wot pulls on an untuned H/C install anyway.

You don't have enough power going on to damage a stall, obviously it was faulty in the first place.
I must have missed something. When did this guy say he was not tuned?
Old 06-04-2013, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i went to have the car tuned today per everyones advice and got bad news, i have a massive vacuum leak somewhere my tuner was trying to say that my ls6 intake was cracked so i brought the car back home to check it out and double checked the entire intake and found nothing. the only thing i can think of is that my coolant lines are still interfering with the intake seating properly which makes no sense cause i shaved the entire bottom of the intake. any ideas on what i should look at next????
Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy the right line and plugs off texas speed. easier and eliminates that as a problem
Old 06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have heard alot of negatives to swapping coolant lines on my year car since cyinders 7&8 get hotter from it, i already shaved the bottom of the intake like i said. im just trying to figure out where else i can go as far as figuring out this vacuum leak, im not trying to give a sob story but ive worked very hard on this car and am upset that ive come this far and am having to deal with this now i just want honest answers and insightful info on where i should check next.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Check your pcv lines. I had a vacumm leak that caused a high idle but my car was stock internals. It turned out to be the short piece of hose coming off the intake to the pcv valve. Inspect the hoses and get some carb cleaner and spray around until you find a leak. You could have pinched one of the intake gasket/rings. I sometimes have a hard time with them pushing out. I usually take a small amount of rtv and put on each corner of each ports o ring to hold it in the intake. You did replace the intake gaskets right? And driving on the stock tune should be fine as long as your not running the car hard.

Quick Reply: sputtering while driving after heads and ca?