Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

243s question

Old 06-09-2013, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 243s question

Ok, I can get a set of 243s out of an ls2 for $150 complete assembled. The only problem is that in one of the heads one vavle is bent, is this a something that could damage the head or can I just replace them and be good to go. Also I would like to port and polish the heads as well as other work, what are some good options with good quality and price? Cartek, livernoise ectMy car is a 2002 ws6 with a torquer v2 cam and full bolts on, made 380ish before ported throttle body and UD pulley, what gains can I see with the heads worked?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willy9
Ok, I can get a set of 243s out of an ls2 for $150 complete assembled. The only problem is that in one of the heads one vavle is bent, is this a something that could damage the head or can I just replace them and be good to go. Also I would like to port and polish the heads as well as other work, what are some good options with good quality and price? Cartek, livernoise ectMy car is a 2002 ws6 with a torquer v2 cam and full bolts on, made 380ish before ported throttle body and UD pulley, what gains can I see with the heads worked?
most of the time the valve guide will be ok, if it still feels tight in there even with the bent valve you are most likely ok. I have replaced several bent valves before in heads without issue.

I would expect 10-15hp gains with just a head swap, or 25-35+ with headwork and milling done..

goodluck bud

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 243s question