Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac off road y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac off road y pipe

I am currently running mac mids with a catted y pipe that i bought used and has been gutted by the previous owner and its been smashed by speed bumps(im assuming). It sounds like poo and im pretty sure the y pipe is to blame. At the time I was on a very tight budget after a surprise transmission rebuild and just wanted the car on the road. So I slapped it together.

I have been looking and I know in the past some people were selling the off road y pipes for these headers. But now I cant seem to find any. I dont want to change the set up because the car is lowered and I dont want to deal with beating up some pretty stainless longtubes. And 5 to 7 horsepower doesnt justify the change. So, does anyone know where I can find a legitimate mac off road y pipe for the mid length headers? Or am I stuck buying a pacsetter y and having it modified?

Thanks in advance
Nash
Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Teching In

Anyone? Ive still been lookin and havent found anything. I want to avoid having one built or modified because most shops around where I live are worried about the legal bs and wont do it. The ones that will are either a joke(seen their work before) or think they're building a space shuttle and want way too much money.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Disregard. Figured it out. Mods, could you delete this thread?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM

What did you find? I have a set and I'm planing on using them for the ground clearance

Quick Reply: Mac off road y pipe