Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to gut cats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to gut cats?

I was just wondering the best way to go about doing this. Do you have to remove them from the car or can it be done without removing them. If so what type of tools should I use and how do you know when they are completely gutted. Thanks, Malcom
Old 04-28-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard cats have asbestos in them, so be careful....I could be wrong though, its something I read a while back
Old 04-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

back in early 2000 when we did it to my car we put it on a lift took the y pipe off so the cats where just there..took i think a crowbar and prybar or something and mallet and just busted up everything inside the cats..you do that then climb up there and start the car..get the heck away from it first..and it'll blow everything out..just clear out..do NOT breathe that ****, you will be hurting. it blew the stuff like 15 back behind the car.
did that a few times till they were nice and hollow..put the 02 sims in and put the exhaust back together and called it a day