Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to improve throttle response.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I needed a new filter regardless,it was pretty badly worn out so replacing it needed to be done and its not expensive for a k/n.Upgrading to larger pipe for the filter costs all of $10 lol..dont think im breaking the bank there(no its not chrome).The ported throttle body I got on a deal from Potz for $50 which i wouldve done eventually.For what i spent i dont think its a waste nor did i think it was the cure to my issue but my old 3" filter setup was from my old tpi motor..i had no intentions using it this long for the ls swap.Buying the gto intake kit is just way overpriced for what you can build seperately.

I do have an obd2 scanner and the app on my phone and i can verify the senor works without any deadspots,the maf has been tested aswell as the iac.I have a friend who used a solus scanner and found no problems also.

I spoke with the tuner on saturday and he agreed to look at the tune on thursday and go for a roadtest after and make sure im happy with it.Ive logged a few trips of how it runs cold vs hot for him to see.Tuning ecms is not my thing,i leave that to the 'professionals' but i would data log when I have small problems.Now with the weather getting hot this has become more apparent.Like i said earlier..when its cold..this is not an issue.If you can think of any other tables I can mention to be looked at in hpt for this type of problem..ill gladly inquire about it.Thanks again for any advice guys
Old 08-08-2013, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Just got back from the tuner and did more street tuning with the car warmed up.he found some issues with things pulling timing and issues on hot start up.also adjusted the dwell timing as im running truck coils.now the throttle response is crisp and the car overall feels stronger.we also found that my autometer tach is off by about 200 rpm vs hptuners tach and i had to adjust my shiftlight setting down a touch.

only other thing we noticed was the intake air temps were high and i need to block off the engine heat from the intake.everything else looked good.he thinks i couldve gained a few hp and mileage with the problems now fixed and to log any issue i might have.this is with the new tb and 4inch intake pipe setup
Old 08-09-2013, 06:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

some guys might find this hard to believe, but I swapped from my stock LS1 TB to a POTZ TB on back to back dyno runs and gained +8rwhp/+8rwtq...definately improves throttle response also, so that's contributing to that crisper feel your car now has
Old 08-17-2013, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Car doesnt bog anymore from a dig thats for sure!

Quick Reply: Wanting to improve throttle response.