Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Port/De-Screen Stock MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 12:03 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Roflmao....man you're an idiot. I bring in factual data and have logged back to back on cars with and without screens, and your response is about my full weight street car running 10's on low boost isn't impressive. I did that like a year ago on 8 psi driving to and from the track still with a/c getting 30mpg. News flash, just cause a car picked up at the track doesn't mean it was done safely. You do what you want, but I prefer to keep my engines running for a long time and not risk damage which is why my stuffs been together for like 6 years with nothing but plugs and oil changes.
No sense in calling anyone an idiot.

There's your warning.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
No sense in calling anyone an idiot.

There's your warning.
Lol with all the vulgar stuff said on this forum daily, I get a warning for that? Idiot means foolish or senseless if you look in a dictionary, and when someone else makes a personal attach first, there's no reason I can't call them foolish....I'm done anyways, this thread is hilarious.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

It's not impressive. I was only .4 off of you with a n\a bolt on ls6 limp dicking the launch on a 10bolt. Worst part is your mph....... I'm only 1mph off of you and you have 300 more hp. Again a fully optioned car that I dd. Looks like our mpg is similar.

You can log all the data you want. But my experience and results show a et improvement. The one on my car now is slp unit that has been descreened and ported to a inch of its life.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,304 Posts

LOL, you want to compare cars now? A 30 second search shows your "street car" setup....A faceplated T56 plated and a 3.90 gear, besides "weight mods" aka drilled holes all over your car. Everyone knows drivability goes to crap with a faceplated trans. Nice street car. I do give you props for the aero mods under the car though, as I was always curious how they would help.

I'm over this thread and will no longer reply, and apologies to the OP.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

LOL......stalker....just shows what you and others know about the streetabilty of a fp'd t56. Alot of people like to cry about that for some reason on the street front. I made a vid of how terrible it is......go look that up. It's been in the car for about 40k. The almost 12yr old 80+k engine keeps getting better too. Yep I've lightened some parts....only parts that bolt to the chassis. What's the big deal? ......not like it has a turbo or anything

Thanks on the aero stuff......not finished yet. I think this thing can run 132 or 133 if I ever get to finish another idea or two......maybe not......the fab 9 might have stolen a mph or 2. Have to wait till I get back to the track to know for sure. Can't tell on the street.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious about the vents under the hood- specifically the Firehawk hood, and probably the ram air hood too. Has anyone done any experiments with opening the vents that lead from the scoop/nostril to the airbox?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed the baffles in my ws6 hood. I wish I had the duct they make to slide in the front of the good to direct the air to the filter. I think the baffle are there to keep water out the. Heavy rains scare me a bit...lol

Quick Reply: Port/De-Screen Stock MAF?