Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 102 Fitiment Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fast 102 Fitiment Questions

Good evening everyone, I have a few questions as I just ordered my new Fast 102 today. It will be ported and matched to my new heads. I was told that there are several fitiment issues associated with it. Please chime in with your comments.

1. Fuel Rail- I heard that the only fuel rail that will clear the intake is the LS3is that correct? If so does anyone know the correct P/N for it?

2. Map Sensor- I heard that some folks relocate it to the front of the intake due to clearence issues. If it is moved to the front you have to drill the intake to allow it to be installed there, as well as order an extension harness to relocate it. PROS/CONS? Does anyone have the P/N for the harness extension just in case I deceide to relocate? Where is the correct location that it is suppose to be relocated too? Pics would help out alot on this.

3. Injectors- I'm working on buying an almost new set of Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors from a good friend of mine for the set up. But he said that he doesnt think that they will work with the LS3 fuel rail. Why is that? I also heard that they would work so I dont really know. Looking for info from someone that has already figured this out. If you know what I need to make the injectors work please let me know.

4. Water Pump- I was also told that the stock LS1 intake had to be ground for clearance so that it would not hit the intake. Is there another one that could be used that will clear the intake, as I dont want it to bee too close and hit. I also prefer not to have to grind on the intake or water pump. Surely there is one out there that will clear.

5. Front/Rear Engine Coolant Pipe- Is there one that will clear the intake without bending or modifying? Do I need to block off the rear ones? I'm going with the LS6 valley pan if that matters.

Thanks In Advance,
Eric

Last edited by Bama99z; 10-23-2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Left Out Question
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2. you dont have to relocate but you'll have to drill either way.

3. I believe LS1, LS2, and LS3 injectors are different heights.

4. I believe the LS2 style water pumps dont need grinding.

5. LS6 front coolant pipe and blocking off rears works.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

1. Fuel Rail- I heard that the only fuel rail that will clear the intake is the LS3is that correct? If so does anyone know the correct P/N for it?

Answer: No, The LS2 rail works with the FAST 102. Sorry I don't know the part #

2. Map Sensor- I heard that some folks relocate it to the front of the intake due to clearence issues. If it is moved to the front you have to drill the intake to allow it to be installed there, as well as order an extension harness to relocate it. PROS/CONS? Does anyone have the P/N for the harness extension just in case I deceide to relocate? Where is the correct location that it is suppose to be relocated too? Pics would help out alot on this.

Answer: It can go either in the front or the back. Either way you will have to drill the hole.

3. Injectors- I'm working on buying an almost new set of Siemens Deka 60lb/hr injectors from a good friend of mine for the set up. But he said that he doesnt think that they will work with the LS3 fuel rail. Why is that? I also heard that they would work so I dont really know. Looking for info from someone that has already figured this out. If you know what I need to make the injectors work please let me know.

Answer: All LS injectors will work. LS1 injectors, you need the rail spacer kit or the correct FAST rails. LS2 injectors perfect for LS2 rail. LS3 injectors need injector spacer or correct FAST rail

4. Water Pump- I was also told that the stock LS1 intake had to be ground for clearance so that it would not hit the intake. Is there another one that could be used that will clear the intake, as I dont want it to bee too close and hit. I also prefer not to have to grind on the intake or water pump. Surely there is one out there that will clear.

Answer: Depends on your water pump. The later style would require none or minor grinding.

5. Front/Rear Engine Coolant Pipe- Is there one that will clear the intake without bending or modifying? Do I need to block off the rear ones? I'm going with the LS6 valley pan if that matters.

Answer: Use LS3 front coolant pipe. LS6 will have to be bent and looks like crap.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The LS2 GTO water pump that has the same cone shape pulley on the front like the LS1 fits perfect without issue. Ask me how I know lol

If you search you may come across Bayers thread, I had the issue with my new 102 Fast & found out from discussions with my then workshop about what to do & we realised that a 'I am in NZ' Monaro 'GTO' LS2 pump would clear the Fast 102. The rest is history
Old 10-27-2013, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Default Questions

Guys, thanks for your insightfull answers. I will be looking into the items needed in the coming weeks.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Check clearance by the Oil Pressure switch ! When I installed mine in car, did not know it but FAST 102 was rubbing OIl press sensor. When I dropped engine out of car, oil press switch just fell apart. I filed off the back around the oil press switch. good clearance now.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

David, thanks for the info I will check that as well. I am actually going to mock mine up on the stand and check everything before it goes in.

Quick Reply: Fast 102 Fitiment Questions