Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Vic., Edelbrock Pro Flow XT, Holley High or Mid Rise Intake For Max Effort 346

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Wonder even on a 346, go 4500?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Pressure can do wonderful things.

Go 4500 and don't look back, leave the marketing gimmicks for the Tornado throttle body thingy's.
Yeah too bad supervictor intakes use a 4150 base though....yeah you can buy an adapter plate but clearance is already an issue with these single planes. Which Again.... was the whole idea at considering the scorpion tb was because it was low profile and had other plus's that came with it...
Old 12-01-2013, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BAD98LS1
Yeah too bad supervictor intakes use a 4150 base though....yeah you can buy an adapter plate but clearance is already an issue with these single planes. Which Again.... was the whole idea at considering the scorpion tb was because it was low profile and had other plus's that came with it...
Umm, anything can happen..
Attached Thumbnails Super Vic., Edelbrock Pro Flow XT, Holley High or Mid Rise Intake For Max Effort 346-image.jpg  
Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Lol was like I seem some modded super Vic's, who did the work on that one?
Old 12-01-2013, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Lol was like I seem some modded super Vic's, who did the work on that one?
Airflow development outta Pennsylvania
Old 12-01-2013, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

I ran a 4500 with adapter on my car for long while.. Worked fine..
Attached Thumbnails Super Vic., Edelbrock Pro Flow XT, Holley High or Mid Rise Intake For Max Effort 346-image.jpg  
Old 12-01-2013, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve you care to post up what that costed you, because surely anything can happen with any amount of $$$ LOL
Old 12-01-2013, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BAD98LS1
Steve you care to post up what that costed you, because surely anything can happen with any amount of $$$ LOL
Hey you want a super Vic with a dominator, you gotta pay for it..
Old 12-01-2013, 12:55 PM
10 Second Club

That 70.00 adapter looks a lot more tempting don't it..
Old 12-01-2013, 02:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
My accufab/fast 4500 works wonderful.. IMO if there was anyway for a 4150 tb to move 2kcfm accufab, Wilson woulda been doing it...
Exactly. It would of been done by someone other than Scorpion.

Guys, take it from me and these other guys who know...buy an Accufab or a Fast TB.

They're all I sell.

FWIW Accufab is about a hundred bucks cheaper.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Exactly. It would of been done by someone other than Scorpion. Guys, take it from me and these other guys who know...buy an Accufab or a Fast TB. They're all I sell. FWIW Accufab is about a hundred bucks cheaper.
I'm aware of Erik @ Lashway and soundengineer that run the Scorpion. They both had nothing but good to say about it.

Not saying it's better by any means, but I don't see the harm in trying something new either.

Saying that it would have been done by someone other than Scorpion is a fairly bold statement... They didn't mention what depression it was tested at. But they did say MAX flow.

Coulda been fed by a blower
Old 12-01-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can have a TB too thin, remember whats going on, on top and below it? That matters a little a 2.0 blade in a 1.4 plate, it might make more power then a taller TB, I have never ran one. But just something I noticed reading about the specs, some guys thinking its better for being thinner for hood room, thats it is. but possibly not performance.

nice looking intake steve

Last edited by studderin; 12-01-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I'm aware of Erik @ Lashway and soundengineer that run the Scorpion. They both had nothing but good to say about it.

Not saying it's better by any means, but I don't see the harm in trying something new either.

Saying that it would have been done by someone other than Scorpion is a fairly bold statement... They didn't mention what depression it was tested at. But they did say MAX flow.

Coulda been fed by a blower
It was tested in the middle of a hurricane lol.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

or take the IAC out and let that pull, you can do anything you want. like the rocker bolt, or spark plug trick some guys "forget" on there heads and still use those numbers. lol
In limited TB and carb class stuff I know guys that have the TB and carb loose on the intake so it pulls more. hahaha or have a vac leak on the plenum, 750 carb with 80cfm around the carb
Old 12-01-2013, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Fwiw my fast blades open up into the plenum.. Whereas my edelbrock piece was self contained..
Old 12-02-2013, 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I ran a Vic junior and FAST 4150 TB on a stock internal LS1 on E85. The car put down 385 to the tire. I know dyno's are just tuning tools but that's what it made. Shut the car down on the dyno at like 6200 and it was still making power. Never "lopped" off like other intakes. The car was lazy as hell under 3k but was freight train status from there up compared to the previous setup which was a LS6 intake and ported TB. Car made 350 with the LS6 intake. Other mods were 1 3/4" long tubes, true duals and UDP. Car was a M6 btw.

I pulled a 228r cammed, full bolt-on, stalled Trans Am from a dig and also beat a ported heads and small cam SS camaro so the car worked well and the intake was a definite improvement.

Lessons I learned were, you better be ready to turn RPMs & that's from the start too. If I tried to launch it at 3k it would fall on its face. I had to launch it at 4500+ RPM's. Midrange power was just about gone, the higher the RPM, the harder it pulled. On a 346, I really couldn't see any area where a bigger TB/intake would have made a big difference. Heads and cam maybe but not on my stock internal setup. I was able to retain my wipers but barely. Unless you're good at fabricating, I don't see how you would retain wipers with a super Vic and 4500.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
I ran a Vic junior and FAST 4150 TB on a stock internal LS1 on E85. The car put down 385 to the tire. I know dyno's are just tuning tools but that's what it made. Shut the car down on the dyno at like 6200 and it was still making power. Never "lopped" off like other intakes. The car was lazy as hell under 3k but was freight train status from there up compared to the previous setup which was a LS6 intake and ported TB. Car made 350 with the LS6 intake. Other mods were 1 3/4" long tubes, true duals and UDP. Car was a M6 btw.

I pulled a 228r cammed, full bolt-on, stalled Trans Am from a dig and also beat a ported heads and small cam SS camaro so the car worked well and the intake was a definite improvement.

Lessons I learned were, you better be ready to turn RPMs & that's from the start too. If I tried to launch it at 3k it would fall on its face. I had to launch it at 4500+ RPM's. Midrange power was just about gone, the higher the RPM, the harder it pulled. On a 346, I really couldn't see any area where a bigger TB/intake would have made a big difference. Heads and cam maybe but not on my stock internal setup. I was able to retain my wipers but barely. Unless you're good at fabricating, I don't see how you would retain wipers with a super Vic and 4500.
With a good cam designed for that intake you'd get your midrange and low end back.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

No doubt about that. I built it to prove a point to people that a well set up car that works will out run a car with internal work that is thrown together because they were a victim of advertisement. Also wanted to prove to all these "midrange power fans" that peaky high RPM and gears to use it will win every time on race day.

I was basically told I couldn't do it and I hate that so I did it, proved my point and sold the car lol. Branden from Cape Coral with the turbo TA spent hours talkin about what we wanted to do and even more building it. Lol.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by armyboyatc

Like I've said a thousand times, if you don't have the right cam for a single plane intake setup, then you're wasting your ******* time. I don't know why people can't understand that. That lower RPM **** can be taken care of easily if you have the right cam with the right valve events.

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 12-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

There are quite a few crappy combos running around

Quick Reply: Super Vic., Edelbrock Pro Flow XT, Holley High or Mid Rise Intake For Max Effort 346