Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LT headers, should i change my new rubber motor mounts for poly mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LT headers, should i change my new rubber motor mounts for poly mounts?

I am getting ready to install some tsp headers and ory and i was wondering if i should change to poly mounts eventhough it already has all new rubber mounts. Will i be okay with these rubber mounts? I have read of the y pipe banging on the floor board but will that happen even with new rubber mounts?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes......and Yes. Those rubber mounts deteriorate at a fast pace and then you will be back to square one. Do it once, do it right and you'll never have to screw with it again. I had poly motor mounts and tranny mount on my old WS6 and the extra "firmness" made the car feel much better. At idle I didn't notice much, if anything as far as vibrations go, I wasn't dammed though either. They suck to do on an F-Body, but once you do it you never have to do it again!

Last edited by AmarilloWS6; 12-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

yes yes yes, do it while u are doing your header swap, alot more room to work, the stock rubber mounts will wear out soon enough, put some prothane polys and never worry about it again
Old 12-05-2013, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mind you this is on a Corvette, but a company named Pfadt that makes very high end, quality parts for Corvette's/5th gen camaro's made a video that shows how much movement there really is with factory rubber mounts vs. poly. Interesting video.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ huge difference!

Quick Reply: New LT headers, should i change my new rubber motor mounts for poly mounts?