Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cattalytic converter heat shields

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cattalytic converter heat shields

Ok guys, The lovely town I live in has emission testing. LUCKILY it's only a 0bd2 scan and visual check for the cats. Has anyone ever just welded on heat shields to make it appear the cats are still intact? I'm not worried about my car throwing codes my tuner already has all of the kinks worked out. Just trying to figure a way to weasel the straight pipes past them
Old 01-02-2014, 08:54 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparky423
Ok guys, The lovely town I live in has emission testing. LUCKILY it's only a 0bd2 scan and visual check for the cats. Has anyone ever just welded on heat shields to make it appear the cats are still intact? I'm not worried about my car throwing codes my tuner already has all of the kinks worked out. Just trying to figure a way to weasel the straight pipes past them

we did it on a buddys car...worked just fine.
they just look with a mirror usually, most of the time they dont give a rats *** what it is as long as they see something that looks like a catalytic converter..
I know people that have put a dynomax bullet in line and claimed it was their catalytic converter and passed..LOL
Old 01-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't thought about trying a bullet before, Hmmm any other ideas? Or suggestions on the heatshield placement?

Quick Reply: Cattalytic converter heat shields